Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1968 Pontiac GTO

Posted by Alex 
1968 Pontiac GTO
December 21, 2003 03:14PM
Hi PPL

My dad used to drive a 1968 Pontiac GTO muscle machine. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who knows anything about this car. Apparently, he modifiyed and he told me that it was 8 litre V8 engine inside which rear suspension lifted, because the car was so powerful wen u put ur foot to the floor the backend would be to the ground. If there is anyone out there who could help me with sum information about these cars and if there any still available, that would be much appreciated. email me back at alex@gconet.net or leave me a msg on here
Re: 1968 Pontiac GTO
December 21, 2003 04:36PM
Alex contact me by way of E-mail. I have owned four 68 Goats and have 9 second 68 GTO drag car.

December 21, 2003 10:30PM
yea I have 2 68 gtos convert and a Ht and a jack up rear end aint going to help you get better ET'S or any thing like that youll just look like a joke driveing around with people smileing at you just remember there not smileing because they like your car its because your a stupid stoney and thats all they can do.there is no 8 liter it's a 6.5 ltr 400, or a7.0 ltr 428 & 7.5 ltr 455 & are not available for the 68 gto and are hard to find
there was a option in 68 for a high body lift but it's not jackd up,, they raised the body 2 inch's in the rear to help with control of car when takeing off the line did it help?it did make it not drop as much in the rear. droping of the rear to a point put's more waight on the rear wheels .more traction droping of the rear gives you traction in what case can give better reaction time faster off the line The stock GTO could run a best qtr mile time @ 14.08 4spd ramair.HO the automatic HO ram air would run a low 15's these are stock Et'S not mod's there are gto's out there that are running low 13s to high 12's street driveable's the high lift mostly was for wheel hoping, traction control
the pontiac guru Travis Williams @ EdWilliams machine

travis williams
January 08, 2004 05:24PM
Travis, just got a 68GTO and am looking for websites, etc for parts, accessories, etc. Can you help?
January 08, 2004 09:55PM
Yes E-mail me @ anoingu@yahoo.com ill give you all kinds of good places to go... Travis

travis williams
1971 Pontiac GTO
January 14, 2004 03:00PM
I have a !971 red Gto convertible and i would like to sell it, it is in great conditions, everything is original.
It has only 33,000 miles.
Please mail me if interested
Re: 1971 Pontiac GTO
January 15, 2004 08:05PM
Josek,

I left you an e-mail on the GTO. Please e-mail me. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login