Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

400 Ram Air IV with air cond. & pwr. wind.

Posted by deneh 
400 Ram Air IV with air cond. & pwr. wind.
January 06, 2004 01:13AM
i noticed on the specs. of the 70 400 RAM AIR IV ...a/c was not availible ....i had one , i have kicked my ass since the day i sold it...now im` really cryin.....i already know there was only 72 made with the motor & tranny i had, mine also had pwr. wind. am/fm.....vinyl roof & a sway bar the size of u`r arm...lol.........well i know there was one made....maybe it was a mistake...the sad part is the guy i sold it too...put it in GTO heaven.
Re: 400 Ram Air IV with air cond. & pwr. wind.
January 09, 2004 07:47PM
did you have a build sheet or phs documents ?
January 09, 2004 11:23PM
i bought the car in 78...all orig. owners manual was in it & all stock excet rims.....i was dumb & sold it...& it was ruined....after i had motor rebuilt & put 780 ddl. holley on it...plus headers...with those ram air iv heads...i could shift from 2nd to drive at 110 mph & it would sqawk M&H racemasters....i had it doin 160mph one nite.....why did i sell it
January 10, 2004 10:08PM
Right in your dreams 160mph do you really know how fast 160 mph is? tell somebody that dont know any thing about cars ..you sound like a JOKE.come on come up with some thing better then that, BUD
TravisWilliam@EdWilliamsMachine boardman,oregon, 2nd to drive @ 110 mph right the heads dont have any thing to do about your shifting it's gearing in tranny and rear end high rpm to shift has to do with A big cam and gears. So keep dreaming ive been building race car's and motor all my life every weekend I'am @ the track so go tell some one who care's because it dont make sence.. People AND there wet dreams..I see stupid people all around me please scotty beam me up..

travis williams
January 11, 2004 11:24PM
ya...ok...travis.....ask anybody that was ever in that car.....ask the napanee OPP.....u dont know...dick
January 11, 2004 11:33PM
hey..forest i know it`s in the gearing....da...i also know the speedo was reg. for 150...& we buried it....front end starts gettin lite about there....hey the dotted lines on the 401 become solid....maybe like some ppls. heads
THOUGHT THE '70 CAME WITH A 140 mph SPEEDOMETER.
January 12, 2004 01:49AM
nope...mine was 150...speedo.....lots of people saw it.......all i really wanted to know was did anybody else ever hear of ram air iv with a/c.....i`ve loved gto`s since 76...i used to drive my aunt`s 69...350.....it was pretty plain but i was hooked
January 12, 2004 02:03AM
maybe it was 140.....or 150 .....the fact is i could bury the needle straight down ....way past the speed......i think the gears were 3:76`s
January 12, 2004 04:29AM
I know more than you'll ever know.And i know Dick.
Now you'v drop'd the speed to 140 150 from 160 wow that's alot
so what is it 140 mph 150 160 mph...lol beam me up scotty

travis williams
January 12, 2004 12:26PM
whats it matter u cant count that high anyways......hey expert how many ...gto`s were built like that one....thats all i wanted to know
January 12, 2004 09:22PM
Dang guys!!! Are we gonna have to pull out the boxing gloves lol.....I'm no expert at all....and I'm not picking sides on this one....but from what I've read from all of Travis Williams' posts...which is daily....he sure knows alot about GTO's and his comments have helped me learn tremendous amounts of information concerning all years of GTO's. Thank you Travis!!!
Ram air IV's didn't come with A/C....period.
January 13, 2004 03:33AM
well...i had one.with a/c.....thats why i got on here to see if anybody else , ever had one
January 13, 2004 07:32AM
David
You are welcome I'am happy to know that ive helpd you out.
Enjoy

travis williams
I'd like to see the build sheet, still got it?
January 13, 2004 10:38PM
no....i dont ...i sold the car in 82 & have kicked my ass since....when i saw on here that ram air iv wasnt avail. with a/c.......i almost fainted.....i had one....my best buddy is freakin...he told me not to sell it when i did.
deneh,

Do you have the VIN? You could order the build sheet to confirm it and it would be worth spending the $35 because it would be the only RAIV with A/C that has been found. Probably get it written up in a magazine or two even with out the car.
January 14, 2004 11:37AM
thx.....buddy....thats a good idea.....i dont have it...but might be able to get it from mto..if still on record
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login