Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SHIFT KITS

Posted by sera 
SHIFT KITS
June 18, 2004 02:46AM
MY 68 LEMANS HAS A TWO-SPEED POWER GLIDE TRANS. HOW WOULD I INSTALL A SHIFT KIT?
Re: SHIFT KITS
June 18, 2004 03:06AM
Replace it with a 4-speed!
June 20, 2004 03:26AM
The powerglide is not a bad transmission. It has two speeds. Fast and really fast.=). But i wouldnt put a 4 speed in it. Find a TH400 and put that in. The trans is bullet proof and is alot easier to find than all the parts it would take to make the car a 4 speed. And you can get them with a shift kit already in them. Good luck. Lance, 1967 GTO 400 4sp 3.55 Posi
June 21, 2004 08:27PM
bingo baby turbo 400 with a B&M trans pac will be all you nead the trans pac has the shift kit in it allready it's around 90.00 buck the shift kit is only 29.00 in the trans pac you get the shift kit and a extra trottle body valve and gaskets for faster shifting and better fluid flow. I have one in my 68 RAII gto turbo 400 3:55 posi works nice it take about a hour or so to put it in it also come with all hardware you nead even has the drill bit...Travis the pontiac guy

travis williams
July 05, 2004 01:52AM
Travis, What kind of tranny did you have before the 400? What parts did you have to replace inorder to make it work?

Dave Clark
July 08, 2004 05:41AM
i had a turbo 350 in a 67 firebird when i was i kid it was nice but not strong P.S the 400 you loss about 20 hps over the TH350 but theTH350 isnt as strong my 68 gto has the TH400 I bought the kit from summit i paid like 75.00 for it it's a B&M trans-pac on the valve body a hole neads to be drill'd out easy even for a beginner if you can change your tranny fluid you can do this. it takes arpound 4 hours to do.you dont even have to drop the tranny other than that you add some bigger springs and gasket's that make the fluid flow better for that head jurking shift..Nice i love the TH400 and 750R4s but the 400 is very strong and can handle alot of powersmiling smiley there is also a 3 stage kit from B&M for 29.00 it's a shift kit for RV.s and another for strip only.and 1 for street and strip that you can do in a hour change some gaskets and springs and your good to go... P.S remember to put some ROYLE PURPLE TRANNY LUBE adds life hps and better shifts also.
The pontiac guy travis

travis williams
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login