Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1967 GTO Parts Needed

Posted by Boyd Meier 
1967 GTO Parts Needed
August 05, 2004 02:49AM
I was just given a almost complete 1967 GTO (POST)! It acually started and I drove it to my house. It has bucket seats with a column shift(No Console) Air, Power Steering, Power Brakes with discs on the front. A 2-speed power glide trans. It has YD on the front left bank of the engine block which tells me it might be a 389 instead of a 400. Let me know if I am right or wrong in this. This might be a early '67 that was built in '66. The down side of this car is that it has alot of rust. If it is a fairly rare car, it might still be worth fixing up as an original matching number car. I have the PHS Documents on the way soon. I need a front bumper, brackets, headlight bezels, passenger fender, plastic grill surround and the air compressor brackets. If anybody knows what I have and can help me find some parts, let me know.
Re: 1967 GTO Parts Needed
August 06, 2004 03:44PM
A YD motor would confirm that it is not a matching numbers car. But it still may be worth restoring. Good luck with it.
August 06, 2004 11:59PM
[www.gtoalley.com]

Look at this web site for a real good vin number engine number description of GTO's

YD the only I see on the list are 73 455 ci motor 250 hp auto

Good luck dont let go of it as sounds like you got it right

A close date coded engine for the 67 you have is not impossible either

Email me I'll send you some possible contacts
August 10, 2004 06:08PM
I actually have the headlight bezels you need...they are in pretty good shape to.......let me know if you still need them.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login