Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1965 Tempest Custom Convertible

Posted by John Cunha 
1965 Tempest Custom Convertible
September 15, 2004 10:35PM

I was just given a 1965 Tempest Custom Convertible. I am having a hard time finding information on these cars. There is alot out there for GTO/Tempest , but not for the custom model. Is there a source online or a book I can buy? I am interested in how many were made and exactly what "custom" means.

Thanks John
Re: 1965 Tempest Custom Convertible
September 18, 2004 01:39AM
sent you emails
September 18, 2004 03:46PM
Thanks for the heads up on the book.

As for wanting to sell it the answer is maybe. Thats been the problem in the month that we have had it. People see it and want to buy it but noone knows anything about it. I assume they just want to make a GTO clone. We even had a guy follow us all the way to our house when we were bringing it home.. HA HA

I am interested in keeping it original. Its numbers matching, and in complete unmolested condition. It runs, no big dents, no body rot all the interior is there, all the trim even the radio. I think it has the original paint too. Of course it needs restoration as far as paint and interior and the top. But hey it was free smiling smiley

Anyways I'll keep your email handy. You'll be the first to know when we make a decision one way or another.

Thanks Again
September 24, 2004 07:19PM
Does anyone else on this board have a custom convert? I'd like to see pictures of one restored or in the process.

Thanks
November 23, 2005 02:39AM
I have one, I will send you a picture.

65toTemptin
November 23, 2005 02:56AM
John if you recieved any information for the Custom Convertible, could you please forward onto me. Thanks

65toTemptin
November 23, 2005 02:22PM
Dan he sold that car last spring or so on EBay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login