Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

need motor and tranny

Posted by Steven Scaletta 
need motor and tranny
September 15, 2004 10:38PM
I've found a 68 that i need a motor and tranny(manual) and rearend.

I have two schools of thought since i need all these things and the car won't be original anyway why not go with something modern. Second is the old saying go big or go home.

Now as far as what i ment by modern, I remember seeing in a mag one time a 68-69 charger with a viper motor and beefed up and lowred suspension and I thought that would be even better with a GTO. Although nothing sounds and pulls like a big 400 or 455.

Any input or help would be great.
thanxs
lowrad

I fell in love with the GTO when I was about 10. My dad's friend had a 68 convertible with a 4 speed and he used to it at our house during the winter.

The things that come to those who wait were probably left by those that got there first.
Re: need motor and tranny
September 17, 2004 05:22AM
I HAVE A RAM AIR III COMPLETE MOTOR MINUS CARB, I WANT $3000.00 DISASSEMBLED WITH ALL MACHINE WORK DONE OR $3500.00 AND I ASSEMBLE. I ALSO HAVE A 455 SHORT BLOCK WITH FORGE PISTONS,RODS AND 103 HD CRANK. I WANT $3000.00 FOR THE SHORT BLOCK AND I HAVE A SET OF 71 GTO #96 HEADS THAT WOULD WORK GREAT ON THE 455 FOR $500.00. IF YOUR INTERESTED E-MAIL ME, I NOT IN A RUSH TO SELL EITHER ONE OF THEM.

September 17, 2004 05:41PM
Timmy -

What is the date code on the RA III? Is it a YZ or WS by chance? Any price with no work done to it?

Thanks -

Tw
January 26, 2005 03:43AM
Timmy - Here is the post. Please contact me, I am interested in the motor...
md1twal3@yahoo.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login