Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

64 tri-power questions

Posted by LarryW 
64 tri-power questions
November 12, 2004 12:36AM
Hello,

Does anyone know if a non-64 tri-power carb (center or end) will work on a 64 intake?
If so, are any modifications needed?
If not, is there any other tri-power setup that you can use on a 64 intake?

Paddock lists a 64-67 2 bbl rochester for a 389. Can these be used on a 64 tri-power intake?

Thanks for any help!

Larry
Re: 64 tri-power questions
December 31, 2004 04:36AM
I have a Pontiac Tri-Power intake (casting #9775088 1) date J30 3 (October 30, 1963) with the two original end carbs (both # 7011997) which are unique because they do not have any adjusters or choke mechanisms. The original center carb has been replaced by another carburetor. It appears that the center carbs were much more readily available in their day, as they have the normal adjusters and choke. Also it appears that the end carbs had a much larger venturi than the center carb. Lookout for possible problems with linkage and fittings as the multi-carb set-up utilizes a mechanical linkage on the passenger side of the intake manifold. If you know anyone who is searching for the intake and carbs I would be willing to sell mine. Good luck.
Re: 64 tri-power questions
January 05, 2005 12:36PM
Thanks for the info John!

I am interested in the intake and carbs and I have a couple of questions.

Is the first digit of the intake casting # correct. My son has a tri-power on his 64 and unless I read the # wrong it is an 8 instead of a 9?

You mention a different center carb was used on this setup. Does the setup include the linkage or any modified linkage to make this center carb work or do you know where a correct center carb can be purchased for the setup?

The obvious question. How much are you asking for the intake and carbs?

You may e-mail me directly a recurry@yahoo.com if you want to discuss the pricing away from the forum.

Thanks again!

Larry Wilt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login