Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Help what do I have?????

Posted by Fred Rueckert 
Help what do I have?????
February 16, 2005 03:23AM
I recently bought a 1968 Lemans 350, original trany and rear end(as far as i know). With my limited knowledge of pontiac, I have found out the numbers match, the block is a 68 and the engine is original to the car. What trany do i have and what rear ratio? I have found these numbers. Trany: drivers side middle above pan 42C111016, pass. side near cooling lines on circular area, inner part of circular area top [6261141] bottom [4], middle raised area [72]then[KL112]then[D]. I believe it it a 2 speed, being the shifter is only L and D. Also on the tag between trim code and paint is a the letter B by itself, i don't know if this has anything to do with the type of trany. My rear end is a 10 bolt with the letters [WB] on the drivers side near the brake line. Can anyone helpme??? thanks

Own a 68 Pontiac Lemans
Re: Help what do I have?????
February 16, 2005 07:53AM
WB rear end = 2.56 standard diff. (not locking)
Re: Help what do I have?????
February 16, 2005 07:56AM
the "B" is most likely "bucket seats"
Re:Help some more, Help what do I have?????
February 16, 2005 08:19PM
Thanks for the help, now I know I have to swap rear gears at somepoint. I counted the bolts on the transmission. There are 13 bolts and the rear drivers side is notched at the corner of the pan. Can anyonetell me what transmission this might be. Also the seats front don't look like any I have seen for a 68 LeMans. The bottom cusion has 16 bands, while the top has14 running vertically.

Own a 68 Pontiac Lemans
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login