Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

JUDGES

Posted by MARV BAILEY 
JUDGES
February 23, 2005 03:39PM
IT IT TRUE ALL GTO'S THAT WERE PAINTED ORANGE WERE JUDGES?

I HAD A ORANGE GTO THAT WAS ORDED BY A HIGHWAY PATROL. DELIVERED IN FEB
1969 WOULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE FIRST 2000 CARS BUILT.

IT HAD RAMAIR III ENGINE NO SPOILER HOOD TACH OR STRIPES
355 POS REAREND AND NO TRIM RINGS WHAT DO YOU THINK.
NO I DONT HAVE THE CAR HIT A BRIDGE. I NOW HAVE A 1969 JUDGE
ORANGE THAT I HAVE THE PRINT OUT FROM PONTIAC THAT PROVES IT IS A REAL JUDGE RAMAIR III , HOOD TACH, SPOILER,SCOOPS, GLOVE BOX EMBLEM STUDDED TO THE DOOR. POS 355 REAREND. AM IN THE PROCESS
OF RESTORING.
MARV
Re: JUDGES
February 23, 2005 05:32PM
All judges had spoilers, stripes and either ram air three or four motors. You could get an orange GTO without ordering the Judge option in 1969. Maybe the stripes and spoiler were removed from the car or it was a ram air car and didn't have the Judge option.
March 04, 2005 05:19AM
You could get a RA III GTO with out it being a Judge, but the Judge package included the hood tach, spoiler and stripes.

I have been told that if you have a carosel red (orange) GTO that is not a Judge, they are pretty rare. Not sure if rare means more $$ value, though.
March 26, 2005 01:51AM
no its not true that all judges were orange there were lots of colors I have a 69 judge and it is orange now but it will be palladium silver like its supposed to be
March 29, 2005 05:58AM
Silver Judges are SWEET!
April 03, 2005 03:49AM
I bought a brand new 1969 GTO Judge off of the show room floor. It was black on black. They had orange, green, white, and black that I know of.
April 21, 2005 03:38AM
there were also liberty blue judges. they were nice, tryed to buy one to restore, couple of years ago guy sold it wile i was thinking about it. call me dumb
April 22, 2005 04:09AM
Im sorry that I need to ask this question but I just bought a 69 ram-air IV Judge can anyone tell me what did the Judge package come with ? This car does not have a hood tach. The PHS only has ram air IV , Judge,... I saw a phs that listed a Hood tach on a seperate line. Can anyone help. Thanks
April 25, 2005 04:11PM
The Judge came with a rear spoiler, a ram air three engine (RAIV was optional), functional ram air with an inside pull cable, Judge stripes and a glove box emblem.

Tell us about your car! A ram air IV Judge is a great one to get!
May 02, 2005 04:04PM
Thanks for the info. I did find one of my old Legend books ( Jan. 1990 The Judge) My brother and I have been looking for what we call the red October for a long time. He now owns a 71 455 HO, 70 conv.and 2 - 68 hardtops. I got out of the GTOs around 10 years ago. He and I have been looking in every barn and backyard for over 25 years looking for a Judge. We have own many GTOs but never a Judge. This is a find that you think can never happen to you but If I can say I will keep looking for the next one. This car my brother fond on a trip. He call me that day saying Red October and he thinks it is a ram air IV car. This happen on a Sat. I had a hard time sleeping until Mon. when we could run the vin. I faxed the vin to PHS and in little time they came back with the info. This is a 69 ram air IV , 4 speed , Carousel Red, posi, p/b raido and floor mats. This is are lucky day and the car was for sale. Then I had to ask my brother ( Bob) to go back and get the car for us. I was out of town with work and I had to call my wife so she could get the money( if she would) to give to my brother so he could get the car. We had to get this car. My brother and I couldn't think about anything until the car was setting at the house. If things go good for us this year we plan on driving it to St. Louis you can check out the car. I have a good friend that owns a shop (Paul Freese ) he is going to help put this car back together when the snow starts to fly. Thanks,
May 07, 2005 03:15AM
Congrats, Chris! Sounds like your appreciation is well worth your wait!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login