Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bought 67 gto--I got punked

Posted by Kevin Wright 
Bought 67 gto--I got punked
July 16, 2005 04:45PM
I bought a 67 gto from Blacktie Classics. I decided to go through a dealer because I thought I'd get an honest deal(wrong--I know I'm a Donkey's *** for thinking). I had several phone conversations with the same sales person several times durning the transaction. I was told it was an authentic gto, so I ASSUMED it had the 400 motor for that year (wrong again--just found out that the motor is a 350--never was told that). My feelin is--a 67 gto with a 350 is like sleeping with a corpse and I paid big bucks to do it. I feel like a donkey's ***. I just needed to confess. If you can feel my pain please pass the word not to trust the people at blacktie. If you get a chuckle from a hick from missouri getting punked--that's ok to.
Thanks--Kevin
Re: Bought 67 gto--I got punked
July 16, 2005 11:44PM
That's a bummer. I haven't run into an honest used car dealer yet. They all suck!
Re: Bought 67 gto--I got punked
July 26, 2005 12:53PM
Kevin over on the Pontiac board at P-Y Forum there are several post about that John Berintino guy that owns Blacktie Classics and how big of a crook he is.. he sells a lot of garbage for big bucks and is just in it for the dollars.....

Wish I could have got ahold of you sooner

From now on you will find you will get your most honesty from guys in the GTOAA or The Pontiac-Oakland Club when buying a car. These guys are a pretty close knit family and guys that sell cars dont want a bad name on the boards so they tell you the full story on cars they have for sale and are trustworthy.

[forums.performanceyears.com]

go there and get a log on and search for it

Sorry to hear that you go burned but anyway if you do have the car you can get a 400 engine for a 67 pretty easy it will just cost you some more cash which sux since you outlaid bucks in the 1st place but on P-Y Forums guys sell 67 400's there often if wish to get a engine//...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login