Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GTO NOT COMING BACK!!!!

Posted by RALPH 
GTO NOT COMING BACK!!!!
February 17, 2006 09:25PM
Was reading the New March Edition of Motor Trend on page 18 it was talking about the new comaro and cross references the GTO....From what I read it looks like the GTO will not be coming back.....Has anyone heard anything else about this?
Re: GTO NOT COMING BACK!!!!
February 17, 2006 11:16PM
The new GTO was such a BIG FAILURE, it comes as no surprise! They should have got it right from the start.
February 18, 2006 04:41PM
If they had made it look more like the real goats they would have made a ton. Had some big meat tires on it different body style and had more of a Judge look, then ya I would say bring it back. But hopefully Pontiac fired all those engineers on that project.
J.
February 19, 2006 09:40PM
I would agree.. Pontiac sure messed up with their version of the GTO.. what a shame... if they would have got their ideas from the 1999 concept GTO.. things would have been different for sure!!
February 20, 2006 05:51AM
the new GTO sucked, they might as well of made a chevy cavalier and called it a goat!
Maybe they are dropping it so they can wait a year and come back and destroy the Mustang/Charger & Camaro re-births?
lets hope so...

glenn757@cox.net
glenn@motoworldracing.com
February 26, 2006 03:06AM
That was never a GTO anyway. It just had the emblems
March 05, 2006 04:05PM
I blame GM!!! Everybody connected withg the launch didn't get it right. It was TOOOOO PRICEY. Why not do abase model & add options. I worked for a GM dealer and we got one in and the sales manager wouldn't let anyone take it on a test drive. It was just AWSOME JUST TO SIT IT ONE. The styling didn't bother me Just picture what it would have looked like if Gm kept making the car from 1974 on to the present. It would likke like it did. the car was well engineered great powerplat etc. Get the price down withe basics and then add options. I need a new car last spring and "wifey" said $33 grand was TOO MUCH! I bougth a used 03 GP.

My current ride is a 1965 GTO, Fontaine Blue Metallic, Parchment & black interior. It has a 421 1965 WH tri-power. I would like to locate the original block. The car was built in Pontiac and sold through a dealer in Berington Ill . It was built in the third week of January 1965.

mike drake
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login