Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tri Power Question?

Posted by David Kinworthy 
Tri Power Question?
March 18, 2006 05:23AM
I have had my Carbs Rebuilt (by pro?) The Center Carb is dumping fuel. a shotglass bout 15 -20 sec. Whats going on here? I tried everthing. sent the center back twice to him yet same problem. checked float level, vacuum, fuel presure all is within specs. Any suggestions or some know of someone to get another opinion? Thanks
Re: Tri Power Question?
March 19, 2006 10:03PM
It could possibly be the needle & seat or the float itself may be bad. Remove float and shake it next to your ear. If you hear anything when you shake the float it's bad and needs to be replaced. Is it a plastic or a brass float? If plastic replace with brass. Plastic tends to absorb fuel over time and will cause fuel level issues. I would also replace the needle & seat with a ball check valve. Check with Mike at pontiactripower.com. He has the brass floats and the ball check valves plus many other tri-power parts. He also rebuilds them and is considered one of the best. I have his ball checks and brass floats installed in my tri-power. Have not had any fuel issues. Hope this helps. Good luck
Re: Tri Power Question?
March 23, 2006 06:41PM
What kind of fuel pump are you using, could be too much pressure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login