Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

hazy headlights

Posted by David Fay 
hazy headlights
December 30, 2001 07:26AM
I own '92 Mazda Protege and both clear plastic headlights lenses are very hazy and weathered. What can I use to remove the haze. I been told Novus #2 and #3 or 3M plastic cleaner and plastic polish or Meguiar's #17 plastic cleaner and #10 plastic polish or 3M #39002 Perfect-IT Rubbing Compound Fine Cut. All sound promising but what really works? Any advice would much appreciated !
Re: hazy headlights
December 30, 2001 02:18PM
I use a prodict called Plexus for all my clear plastic needs on a regular basis.
good stuff. It should take care of your hazing problem.
Re: hazy headlights
December 30, 2001 04:31PM
as always, test the harshest products in a small area and check to make sure any scratches or marks left by them will come out. if these don't work by hand, there is always the machine buff option. i have done a few headlights for late 80's and early 90's mustangs by wetsanding then buffing and they turned out great. like gary said,plexus is a good cleaner and protectant and many on the board swear by it. i have some that i have been experimenting with because a friend of mine said it didn't work worth a damn! i think he just has unrealistic expectations. not heavy duty stuff in my opinion, but a good product.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login