Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"Ex-employees"

Posted by Scott Perkin 
"Ex-employees"
February 22, 2005 11:19PM
<HTML>I love this time of year. We get to field phone calls from all the morons that have come and gone from our business all year calling and TELLING me that they want their tax forms - NOW! We as a rule send out all the tax forms at once - no exceptions before they are due to be sent out by law (last day of February). It's always funny how the employees that were a pain in the ass or quit with no notice or somehow screwed us over are the ones that call expecting me to go out of my way and get them their forms when and how they want them. I for one would be so embarrassed over how I had acted that I would be mortified to call in the first place. What kind of crap are parents teaching their kids these days that makes them think that they don't have to play by the rules or respect anyone or anything? Unbelievable.</HTML>

Re: &quot;Ex-employees&quot;
February 22, 2005 11:59PM
<HTML>Scotty, this is exactly what is wrong today. There is very little parent/child interaction. They either don't know, or live with their parents,and grandparents,other family members raising them, or the poor children have been farmed out to Foster Homes.

We now have to put up with more and more crap, of trial and error in getting good dependable employees to work for us.Most people are products of their environment. Hell ! I see it here on the threads of this forum.

I do realize this statement tends to sterio type all of the young folks,and we never seem to hear about the good ones! There are many good ones out there, they are fewer and further between.

This is one thing that I tell both of my boys,and that is, raise your children yourself,teach them right-from-wrong,and to be respectful of others and their property. Do-not expect some day care center, or school system (Private or Public ) to teach and guide your children.

This is one thing that I do, when ever I have my grandchildren, and that is give them the needed quality time,and tell them about the different things they will run into in life.How to treat others as "U" want to be treated,and above all respect other people, and their property.

I'll tell you another scary thing,is that we have to expect these types of people to motivate themselves enough, to put in a forty hour week, to pay for our retirement.

Scotty it just ain't the poor people either. One of my best customers came to the shop this evening to pick up one of his rigs. He had one of his sons with him. He was introduce to me by his father,and instead of stepping forward and greeting me with a hand shake, he gave me a friggin "Hi Hat".

This pissed me off so bad, that I jumped into his Dad's @!#$ with both feet.I told him I knew how he was raised,and that was with respect to others. I told Jerry the 1st "G.D." thing that little disrespectful basted would do ,was I tear out all of the body jewelery, that he had on his head,wrists and belly. He looked like a "Damn" Walking Tackle Box...Then he'd be advised accordingly,and by all appearance, it looked like it would have to be physical,as he appeared to have No Brains.....Concerned American... Brandy !</HTML>
February 23, 2005 02:02AM
<HTML>I love the walking tackle box!!!!!!!!!</HTML>
February 23, 2005 02:08AM
<HTML>Scott,

Now you know why I was "sooooo happy" when we sold off the Auto Pres side, even though we still provide support, training, tech support, etc.

I am so friggen happy now!!

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
February 23, 2005 02:38AM
<HTML>Ketch, I dream of the day when I no longer have to rely on others to make me my money. It's the single most thing I hate about my work is having to manage the day care centre. My buddy that runs a body shop and I went to lunch the other day and he told me of the new window tinter they just hired. The kid took FOURTEEN hours to tint a honda civic hatch. On top of that - the job was garbage. I know this kids father and he seems to think the sun shines out of his kids ass. Probably a big part of the problem. I heard today that the kid felt sick from the sandwich he had off the lunch truck and had to go "lay down" for a couple of hours in a minivan. I would havehad enough after the civic - BYE BYE!</HTML>

February 23, 2005 02:41AM
<HTML>Brandy, you probably have a good feel for what I am talking about. I just finished recording all the answering machine messages onto my computer from dumbass employees calling in sick to work, their mothers calling in sick for them, their girlfriend calling in sick for them etc...... At least I can sit back and have a good laugh listening to thier stupidity. By the way - what the hell does "Hi hat" mean? Were you wearing a hat? That kid would have been talking out the other side of his face if he talked to me like that.</HTML>

February 23, 2005 03:44AM
<HTML>Scott,

Sometimes, even as P/C as we both attempt to be, the following expression, makes more sense, each day.

"Maybe the gene pool needs a little clorine added to it!"

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
February 23, 2005 04:03PM
<HTML>You aren't kidding. I should write a book or make a movie of all the dumbass stuff that employees do. I guarantee it would be a comedy hit.</HTML>

February 23, 2005 05:42PM
<HTML>Iv'e found that it requires surgery to separate some of them from their cell phones.

And how difficult is it to understand that you have to smile when you greet a customer?

It's rare enough to find basic good manners, let alone a work ethic!</HTML>
Re: &quot;Ex-employees&quot;/ High Hat!
February 23, 2005 08:43PM
<HTML>Scotty, thats what I've called it all my life, when you say something to someone wearing a BaseBall Cap,and they give you a Nod by lifting their head backwards, enlieu of a hand wave, or a smile and hello, or plan old pointing the old "Hole Finger toward the Heavens"..... Brandy !</HTML>
February 24, 2005 12:36AM
<HTML>hey guys,

thanks for all the help on the epa regulations, and all. Just a little feedback on the employee topic...mine would ALWAYS ask to borrow money, even the day after payday. I even gave one employee 2 tires off of a car i'm restoring(never got them back). I'm of the old work ethic, if you can't work for it you don't need it! nothing in life comes free!</HTML>

h melton
February 24, 2005 01:39AM
<HTML>Scott,

Seriously, I bet if you wrote a book of notes about ex-employees and employee behaviors -- and rediculous things they say -- people would be all over that if it was for sale. I don't think there is a book out there about "Stupid Things Employees Say." It would be more comical but I'm sure employers will relate to a "T". Look into it!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
February 24, 2005 07:00AM
<HTML>I bought a car for an employee. I found a sweet deal on an 89 honda accord. It needed a radiator and a good detail. The paint was good as were the tires etc.....

The guy selling it wanted ONLY $100 FOR IT!! I told my helper about it as he needed a ride to work. He had been taking the bus and would get to my house a little late sometimes. He said he had no way to get it home, repair it or even pay for it.

He had been with me for two weeks and was doing a great job detailing so I decided to "take care of him".

On a Friday night after work I went to u-haul rented a tow dolly and towed the car to my place. My helper was to meet me Sat. morning to help me fix it. Come Sat he was a no show. So I fixed, tuned and detailed the car. He shows up Monday night telling me his son got run down by a car on Sat morning. I take the bait hook line and sinker and give him the car and I said, 'SEE YOU TOMORROW" That was the last I saw of him.

What kills me most isn't the $400 and change I spent but the $1800 or so I could have sold the car for. SUCKER--->JOE</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
February 24, 2005 03:21PM
<HTML>It sucks that we have become "jaded" about taking care of the employees that deserve it because we have been burned in the past. I had my girlfriend's sister work for me (against my better judgement) last summer and ended up driving her to and from work, having her sleep over at my house all the time so she wouldn't have make the effort to come over to my house to get a ride, gave her very overly hours to help her out, had her coming over with friends so they could watch movies on my big screen etc.. all summer and I put up with it because I thought she was a good kid. My only request from her was that she let me know by the first week of August whether or not she would be staying on part-time for the fall. I made it perfectly clear it was supremely important that I have an answer right away so that I could line up replacement employees before the last week of August so we would have new staff ready to go when 3 of the full timers went back to school. She said she would like to work part time and I even made sure to ask again if she was serious about staying on. Needless to say - last Friday of August she came to me at 5 pm and said she needed to call me at home that night and talk. I knew right then what was coming so I just said "tell me now". She said bluntly "I am not going to work here anymore" and turned around and walked out. Simple as that. No apologies. No 2 weeks notice. I was totally screwed for September and October for employees because of that crap. The kicker? She's pissed because I told my girlfriend that her sister is not welcome in my home and now she can'tcome over and enjoy my hot tub and home theatre or the pool table anymore.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login