Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Optimum Car Polish

Posted by samuel 
Optimum Car Polish
March 23, 2005 05:08AM
<HTML>I just tried this polish on a brand new chrysler 300C - midnight blue color to remove surface scratches and it took it out in minutes without dust or leaving swirls behind. I used this product with Makita hi speed polisher and Lake country polishing pad. I also used this polish with light cut yellow pad to remove swirls and deeper scratches on 1998 Nissan Altima GXE - I'm absloutely blown away by the ease of this product. This polish leaves the surface sleek and smooth like AIO or Manzerna Final polish. It leaves no haze and I achieved great result at 1200-1400 RPM. This polish gives me longer polishing time than Manzerna and does not leave dust making my cleanup a breeze. I bet the guys at optimum must have used manzerna as bench mark in developing this polish.

This polish, according to the manufacturer doubles as compoud and polish depending on the pad you use. I certaily will be swithcing from manzerna to Optimum polish.

Please guys give this polish a try and share your experience. I got a sampler from Optimum distributor in sacramento</HTML>
Re: Optimum Car Polish
March 23, 2005 05:55AM
<HTML>Yeah it is a nice product and it is one that does live up to what the makers claim.

I have been using it for awhile now, several months before it was released, and was just blown away by how well it worked. I now only carry Menzerna Powergloss, Menzerna FPII and Optimum. That's it.

I highly recommend Opt's interior and tire dressings plus the car wax.

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
March 23, 2005 06:50AM
<HTML>Yeah Anthony, this is a great product and it's good to know some one else has tried it out, so that I'm not alone wondering what a great polish this product is. I personally think the guys at this company have great product they can run with. I feel so strongly about this polish that I would ask that every detailer who currently uses manzerna try it and objectively compare both to determine which is better. Certainly Manzerna now has a legitimate competion out of the United States in Optimum Car Polish. I'm still beside myself how effective this polish is and how much impact it's going to have on my business in terms of product consolidation. The price can't be beat.

I've also tried out this company's Optimum Protectant Plus , absolutely a great product for interior and exterior trim, I like its durability. This product has a low gloss finish desired by many Hi end customers plus it does not attract dust. I use this product to clean, dress and protect in one fell swoop - a great time safer. I think the guys at Optimum have great chemists putting together products that will go places with time.</HTML>
March 24, 2005 01:12AM
<HTML>How much, for How Much ??? I bought out a local detailer that went belly up about 7 months ago he had several bottles of the Optium. I tried some on a neighbors car and personally didn't find it any better than Detail Plus's "ONE STEP". I don't know if the Optium comes in 1 gallon Jugs or not ,as what I have was in 1pt bottles. I do know that Bud's one step is about 17.00+ shipping...................... Brandy !

How do this optium compare in pricing?????.................... Brandy !</HTML>
March 24, 2005 01:40AM
<HTML>Where do i get this product from? I would like to try this Optimum Car Polish. I use Carbrite products, there crystal shield polish/ glaze works well for me.</HTML>

parttime detailer
March 24, 2005 06:35AM
<HTML>Eric,

Comparingg a one step product and a product designed to levl paint is like comparing apples to oranges.

Optimum Polish is about 17.00 for a quart.

Is it the "polish" you have or the Optimum Car Wax?? The polish has been out for only a few weeks and I received the first quarts sent out.

Jeffrey.....

You can order the Polish and the Wax from www.topoftheline www.detailsbyalisa.com or www.optimumcarcare.com who ever you order from tell them Anthony sent ya smiling smiley

Anthony</HTML>

Re: Optimum Car Polish/One Step
March 24, 2005 02:06PM
<HTML>Anthony; Bud's "ONE Step" is a 2000 Grit cutter w/Diamond Plus Sealant into!. I remove spider webbing, and minor scratches with this product,and when done, it also has a coat of Diamond Plus Sealant on as well!

P.S. I use fine cutting pad,and finish with polishing pads using the "One Step" .

I'm not knocking the Optium Product at all. I'm saying that I use a comparible product getting more volume for less monies.

Was the Optimum Product in the sealant/wax comparison testing??

If it was, how did it grade against Diamond Plus??

I'm really not trying to get another "Pissing" Contest started on the forum. I'm just stating what I see that works for me. I haven't any testing equipment to, test nor do I have the time to spend, trying to be a lab chemist who gets paid mega bucks by product producers, to make the products we purchase.................... Brandy !

P.S. Yes it is the Polish...................</HTML>
March 24, 2005 03:34PM
<HTML>Eric, Itotally understand your point...no hard feelings at all smiling smiley

My point though is that Optimum is JUST a polish. There is no wax or sealant properties to it so being placed in a sealant/wax comparison is pointless.

Optimum Polish will remove 1500 grit marks with a leveling/cutting pad and then it can be used with a fine finishing pad to produce a swirl free finish ready to wax.

Take care,
Anthony</HTML>

March 24, 2005 04:41PM
<HTML>Tony, no hard feelings either :-). Bud sells his "One Step" to do both, level and seal. By hand it's a cleaner polish/sealant. With a buffer it will cut like 1800-2000 grit compound polish,plus has the added feature of the Diamond Plus Sealant.

Matter of fact when ever I clean up my own vehicles, I use the "One Step" exclusively,as there is always going to be some sort of contamination,especially here in the Ashland,Ky area! Steel Mills/Coke Plants/Oil Refinery's/Coal Fired Power Plants,all of which pollute,and some more than others.

Most of the time when I start toward a heavier grit other than Micro Fine @ about 1500-1800 grit,I'll water sand. Then come back trying the One Step if the One Step won't "Git er Done", I'll drop back to the Micro Finish Compound,and work it, to where again, the "ONE Step will finish and seal. I guess this makes since, or at least I'm trying too.................

One thing that I've learned "Time is Money" reguardless who's paying. Working with the small window of opportunity, that we get detailing these tractor/trailers, well you gotta make it right the 1st time. Its sure not like being able to loan my personal vehicle if I don't finish on time.

I feel like the oldest son on American Chopper's show, always working on the negative end of a friggin dead line....................Brandy !</HTML>
March 25, 2005 08:23PM
<HTML>Eric, with due respect to your opinion optimum polish is straight polish - no wax, no teflon, no fillers at least that's what the company says. As you and I both know that helps you to evaluate your progress. This polish takes out swirls ...not fill them in, at low speed from my experiment if you crank your Hi speed polisher up to 1500 RPM using a cutting pad you can quickly take out swirls and scratches 1500 Grits without aggrevating dusting,haze or pad cloging with product and moreso no marring . At 1200 RPM you can finish the with thesame product and a different pad {polishing pad} to a slick smooth surface - again without dusting saving you clean up, and now ready for wax or sealant. If you ever used Menzerna intensive polish this product is similar in result to it. Essentially you can move between 1500 to 2000 grits with thesame polish but different pads.

I've not used Bud's one step, because I use Stoner's polish and seal on cars with fairlly decent finish. Based on what you say however, I'm going to give Bud's one step a shot. Lest I deviate Optimum polish is not a one step, however it's a polish that's good to have when you need to do straight polishing to revive a finish in a way that one step cannot achieve. If optimum cannot achieve the result you want, You will have to fall back to compounding. because of Business Insurance cost and risk associated with paint correction services I personally do not wet sand clearcoats and the most aggressive compunds/polish I carry are stoner clearcoat compound and Menzerna Power Gloss.</HTML>
April 08, 2005 03:42AM
<HTML>Fellows when you really understand buffing and sanding as a paint correction and actually can go to the very edge of perfection....it doesnt matter what product you use ,it can be European ,Asian or whatever...you can achieve the same result with the right pad and equipment.....now as far as the clean up after each process thats a plus depending on the mission your trying to accomplish..If your useing liquid products then find one that does everything your happy with and spend your money trying differant pads an equipment speeds and procedures...</HTML>
April 08, 2005 03:52AM
<HTML>Spend your money on updating ....Knowledge ....equipment"lights ...lifts...500 psi 210 static suckion xtractors..air powered equipment "and the chemicals that will improve and speed up your job.....Its great to try new polishes and compounds to pump that xcitement back into a sometime frustrating job...but overall its a waste...my 2 cents" Tint bandit</HTML>
April 08, 2005 03:31PM
<HTML>Will,

I need you to email me your contact information. You left out the street on your Paypal payment for the PDTA. Phone # too, thanks.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
April 08, 2005 09:50PM
<HTML>Sorry Brian...email sent...Great job and my hats off to you!!!Will post PDTA address on tintdudes auto detailing forum to get more members to join *****</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login