Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

rip it apart

Posted by Keith Boyer 
rip it apart
April 25, 2005 12:57PM
<HTML>I detail cars, boats and trucks for a living. I do not design web sites. So let me know what you think, I did it myself and hopefully by the end of the day I can this thing mastered. I am still trying to figure out the 'Before and After' section. Have fun! www.detailsondemand.com</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
Mobile Auto and Boat Detailing
Re: rip it apart
April 25, 2005 03:41PM
<HTML>Ok I have the photos uploaded. Is teh page informative enough. Notice how I completely steered away from pricing?</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
April 25, 2005 06:27PM
<HTML>not too bad. I dont know if you have it but i think the easiest program to use is Microsoft Frontpage out of all of them, and ive used them all.

I took a web content and development course a few months ago and i have a little experience so i can help you out. Theres alot of bright colors being used and the alignment of the text is a bit off on some parts (some content centered, some left aligned). Keep the colors to about 3 main ones being used. Also you could put the buttons under your phone number, change the text to black, and either make another page with all the pictures and put a button called "customer cars", this way it wont take alot of time to load. You can cut down the page so the backround image doesnt repeat itelf like it does on the bottom. Also some buttons are popup pages (alot of peope have popup pages blocked) and some come up on the main page. Check your links and click on target frame then click on page default or main.

Theres a couple of things you can do to improve it, hopefully this helps..</HTML>
April 26, 2005 03:51PM
<HTML>Very nice Keith! I did my website all by myself too with Frontpage.

You did that boat on your homepage? You should come work for me! Good job!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Good Job Keith
April 26, 2005 08:41PM
<HTML>Hey Keith not being nozi, what did you get for the detail on the "18 Wheeler" ? Appears to be a Pristeen Job................ Brandy !

P.S. when you do a full detail on a "Big Rig" do you paint the frame, or just power wash? Here in my neck of the woods, they want the painting treatment, looks better anyway, and they never question the added price!</HTML>
April 27, 2005 01:57AM
<HTML>Thanks guys! Yes all the boats and cars on the page I have done myself. It took me two days to do the rig and the boat on the back (a 36' regal). The rig alone took me a day with two of us. I only charged him a $100.00 it was more of a 'Thank you' for all the work that marina sent me. If I would have done it for free the owner would have been offended.

Eric-
Just a lot of full strength degreaser on the back frame.</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
April 29, 2005 04:20PM
<HTML>Keith,

What is your price per foot for the 36' Regal? I want to see if I'm still to cheap or ballpark. I raised my prices by $2.00 per foot this year -- on all size boats.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

April 29, 2005 04:31PM
<HTML>Love the site Keith! Your work looks great and folks appreciate that! I appreciate that you use your own work (photos) on your website!

not to high jack the thread--but brian I'm getting $16 a foot for boats similar in size. I bumped mine $2 This year also-- that's a inside and out-price off the water.</HTML>

Owner-Janitor
Berea Auto Clean-Up Inc.
www.bereaautocleanup.com (under construction)
May 01, 2005 03:37PM
<HTML>Brian --
For a 36 regal like the one on the rig I would get $16 a foot with no interior cabin work. When you are looking at something like an aft cabin Carver or Egg Harbor in the 40+ foot range I am getting close to $16 a foot. Here is a price sheet I sent one of my wholesale (Marina) customers, they sell and book the job and i do the work, we both make decent money so we both win:
Service Boat Size Rate*
Wash Wax 18-26 12 per foot Wash, polish, wax
Wash Wax 27-40 13.50 per foot Wash, polish, wax
Wash Wax 40+ 16 per foot 13.50 Cigarette style
Wash Wax 27-40 15 per foot Aft Cabins etc.

These prices are not retail, and if there was heavy compunding then they would go up a bit more.</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
May 03, 2005 05:05AM
<HTML>We're pretty much in the same ballpark. I just shot a quote to a potential client for a wash & wax on a 2003 54' Meridian for $1,300 (retail). Should be two days work for my subcontractor. Way too far for me to travel -- near NYC.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login