Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hot Water Pressure Washers?

Posted by Christian Porter 
Hot Water Pressure Washers?
May 26, 2005 03:23PM
<HTML>I am considering the purchase of a hot water pressure washer to be used for detailing and cleanup purposes at my shop. Does anyone here use one as part of their normal detailing process? If so:

- Is it easy to justify the large price difference over a non-heated pressure washer?

- What flow rates do you prefer?

- What temps do you use for cleaning the vehicle?

- Is there any chance the heat and pressure might harm painted trim, or black trim pieces?

Thanks,
Christian Porter
Everest AutoWorks & AutoSpa</HTML>
Re: Hot Water Pressure Washers?
May 27, 2005 12:59AM
<HTML>Christian, I went with a wall mounted Belt driven unit that I purchased from Northern Tool. Shortly their after I installed a heating unit thats Kerosene fired. Thus I can use it either way, cold or hot. I set the unit at about 1800 psi, for either operation. The electric unit puts out about 3.7 to 4.0 gallons per minute. If your Mobile, you may want to down size some, if fixed as I am, go for high volume of water and moderate pressure.

I hot power washed a semitrailer for a customer the other day that he could get cleaned in the Pittsburgh area,and heard of my shop at a truck stop coffee convention, well anyway, I did and he's happy.

There are several on the forum that use the hot water rigs. You may want to give "Willie G" a buzz, as he has one and if I remember correctly he was the first on the forum that said that he used hot water power washer. Renny Doyle I think uses hot water power wash...... Brandy !</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login