Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ultra Violet Light to cure paint!

Posted by Eric Brandenburg 
Ultra Violet Light to cure paint!
November 19, 2005 01:41AM
<HTML>Any one heard of this process Yet!

Akzo Rep said it was the newest kid coming to the block, and the Detailers would be using different chemicals to maintain this paint in the future. Aaaah yes, somemore Snake Oil for the old proverbial shelf.....Brandy !</HTML>
Re: Ultra Violet Light to cure paint!
November 19, 2005 01:40PM
<HTML>Yes they have been out in the market for several years ane used especially in many small damage repairs (SDR) to cure paint in about 2 hours, you can sand buff immediately</HTML>
November 19, 2005 07:57PM
<HTML>Yes, once again as I thought, another gimmic thats been out several years. Up here in Appalacian Region some of the vendors that come thru selling the new up to date stuff has been out for sometime, everywhere else in the free world.

It was new to me, but I don't dabble in the auto body repair stuff anymore. I was supprised to see that a friend of mine who keeps his auto body business on cutting edge all of the time, said it was news to him as well.

I did try some acid base coat paint, that when the frame got to 140 degs in the booth, it cured in a very few minutes, and that was supprising to me as well.

Use to be if you had some common sense and some good thinking and planning you could fend off of the Peddlers. This new age of "Buck Rodgers" stuff, you really have to keep up with what's new and available. I guess thats where it pays dividens to attend the "Dog and Pony" Shows that the majority in this business attend. I have friends in the business , in Cleveland-Columbus,Ohio and Louisville,Ky areas. They go to all of the Shows, and have been picking their Brains about Chemicals and equipment.
I'm going to try and make a show or 2 this winter, this no doubt can help improve my intelligence, and seeing what " ALL " is available.......... Brandy !</HTML>
November 20, 2005 05:19AM
<HTML>It is not a gimmic, you would be surprised how many autobody shops do not have one. It is used to acclerate drying time and essential when one is doing SDR repairs.</HTML>
November 20, 2005 03:57PM
<HTML>The way the Akzo Rep explained the process. You could paint an entire car then have a few of these lights in the booth and the cure would grow, kinda as water soaking into a towel. Thus curing the job completely.

One of the Big factors was that you didn't have to turn on the "Bake Oven" to cure the paint.

One of the local Concrete contractors rolled a Cement truck,and insurance is replacing the cab and front end. My friend is painting the replacement cab @ his shop,and I'm switching the cabs and tilt front end at my shop. Akzo Rep coming down when they paint the new cab and front end to demo the process. Sounds like its grown some from the original "SDR" work that it was originally developed for............ Brandy</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login