Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New cars don't need to be waxed

Posted by Mark Hoffman 
Re: New cars don't need to be waxed
July 04, 2006 12:33AM
<HTML>I don't really care if billions of people are going to the auto car washes because the clients I do would never go to one. Sure they might drive their big ol trashed suburban through one but not thier Porsche, BMW, or Ferrari.

I feel that there are more than enough cares for the high end detailers and the auto car washers and each caters to that specific need of the car owner. So what's the big deal?

The types of clients I do, and also Joe, wouldn't go to these car washes, either auto or hand washes and likewise the majority of people who go to the auto washes or hand washes would never call me (or another personal detailer type) because they feel we charge too much. Which is rreally odd because they charge just about the same amount I do......go figure.

I started a detail today on a black RUF Porsche 997 and his car is pretty messed up with marring from improper hand washing. I will charge him around $325.00 to do the exterior with a vaccum and interior wipe down. So like Joe said, I don't mind these tunnel washes as they bring in work.

Now, about the whole God issue.....for those who state God does not exsist, I ask how they learned the word "exsist"? smiling smiley</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
July 04, 2006 03:34AM
<HTML>Anthony:

That is what Joe and I were talking about, there are those willing to pay $40 for a wash and far more willing to pay for an automatic wash.

But, because a few are willing to pay $40 for a wash does not make it better.

You say that you made big bucks repairing a paint finish because of improper hand washing then you end by saying that automatic car washes bring you business.

Which is it?

I guess you can have both bad handwashes and bad automatics? I would agree with that, but there are far more good automatics than bad.

I am not counting the machines in gasoline stations, these people are not car wash operators and do not make their living selling car washes, they sell gas and could care less about the carwash machine.

In any case, we have bet this poor dead horse to death several times over.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
July 04, 2006 05:08AM
<HTML>Hey Bud,

Yea it's a beat topic...but I'm puzzled by this question you asked me.

You stated:

You say that you made big bucks repairing a paint finish because of improper hand washing then you end by saying that automatic car washes bring you business.

Which is it?

Bud...in that statement there is no choice. I repaired a paint job this is true and because of the improper hand washing I got that business. smiling smiley

Thanks,
Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
July 18, 2006 03:16PM
?

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 05:13PM by MartinHernandez.
July 18, 2006 03:25PM
<HTML>I don't get it. If you owned a restaurant would you only feed your clients crackers and brag about how they don't eat steak?

We charge $60 to wash an Escalade and $160 to wash and wax one. Two of us take about 30 to 40 minutes to wash one and about an hour to 1 ½ to wash and wax it.

They is better, easier money in the larger service.

My clients already believe it should be waxed to protect it. I am not sure I would want to convince them otherwise.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
July 18, 2006 07:01PM
<HTML>Joe,

You get it!

You get it and he doesn't.

You get it because you understand the business and how to fulfill the expections of customers, making a fair profit for doing so.

I wonder how long his sort of attitude would be accepted, and how the vehicles would look, the customers being happy, if say he was promoting that sort of thing in Chicago or New York City, Detroit or any place there is salt used on the roads, heavy industry spewing out contaminates, lots of salt in the air, etc.?

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
July 18, 2006 11:11PM
?

Martin Hernandez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 05:12PM by MartinHernandez.
July 19, 2006 01:19AM
<HTML>You go get ém boyeeeeeee!!</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
July 19, 2006 01:49AM
<HTML>"It is more like should I tell the truth"

Are the manufacturers lying when they advise owners in the manual how to wash and protect the vehicle including wax.

Please tell us what makes you uniquely qualified to dispute their recommendations when they spend millions of dollars yearly in research and development.

Quite frankly your black vehicle looks suspiciously glossy for a vehicle you say has never been waxed, I suppose not even a spray on gloss enhancer... ????</HTML>
July 19, 2006 02:53AM
?

Martin Hernandez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 05:12PM by MartinHernandez.
August 07, 2006 01:05AM
I assume that that Escalade is garaged ( with the rate they are stolen, it would probably be gone by now if it weren't ) so what we have here is a garaged car washed once a week that does fine without wax. What does that tell us ?
Wax helps shield the paint from the sun somewhat like sunblock. It keeps contaminates from adhering to the paint as solidly as they would without wax. It may prevent drying, chaulking and oxidation on some paints. It makes the car slipprier for better gas mileage ( OK, not much ).
Wax is a good idea.

Doug Delmont

" Be good to your ass for it bears you " ( Arab Proverb )
August 13, 2006 10:10PM
?

Martin Hernandez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 04:55PM by MartinHernandez.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login