Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DRI FOAM CARPET SHAMPOOING

Posted by Bud Abraham 
DRI FOAM CARPET SHAMPOOING
April 19, 2006 04:20AM
<HTML>How many of you detailers have used, or do use Dri-Foam to shampoo carpets in the vehicles you detail?

How about bonnet cleaning of carpets?

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
Re: DRI FOAM CARPET SHAMPOOING
April 19, 2006 12:49PM
<HTML>I have utilized every single carpet cleaning methodology available at one time or another.</HTML>
April 19, 2006 01:11PM
<HTML>Of all the methods which do you find the best for auto detailing?

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
April 19, 2006 01:56PM
<HTML>It depends on each situation and what you are trying to accomplish..

While my primary method of cleaning is shampoo extraction, or tearing the carpet out of the vehicle..I sometimes have to modify my approach to suit time and situation

I cannot say one is better than another</HTML>
April 19, 2006 08:56PM
<HTML>bud when you say dri foam do you mean aerosol,if so i use high tech fast and foamy.i have tried spray away carpet and uhpulstry foam but it seems to clog up the carpet extractor.</HTML>
April 20, 2006 12:16AM
<HTML>Gina:

Great answer, you win the prize.

Dave:

I guess you could use foam out of an aerosol can.

However, you contradict the use of dri foam by using an extractor unless you simply mean that you vacuum up the foam with the extractor and do not use fluid.

Why would you use the extractor fluid to vacuum up dri foam that is a contradiction.

Further, you NEVER use foamy shampoo in an extractor nor do you vacuum up that type of foam with an extractor. Why? The foam will get sucked into the vacuum motor and rust it out.

Do you know how many motors we get back here claiming warranty when what the user did was use foaming friction shampoo instead of non foaming extractor shampoo and rust out the motor.

Regards
bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
April 20, 2006 03:01AM
<HTML>Bud:

I hope the prize is one of your larger extraction units with a year's supply of de-foamer.

Unfortunately many detailers in a zeal to please consumers utilize their very expensive machines to suck up all kinds of crap like gasoline, liquid detergents which can do more damage to your machine than what you are charging the customer.</HTML>
April 20, 2006 07:23AM
<HTML>Gina:

The prize is an all expense paid trip to Jamica. (lol).

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
April 20, 2006 08:25AM
<HTML>ooooooook,point taken now please explain the method in which you would use dri -foam and what is your source of this product.i use your carpet shampoo for the floors and foam for seat stains,never had any extractor problems but then again i maintain my machines weekly.</HTML>
April 20, 2006 02:37PM
<HTML>There are not many opportunities to use dri foam in an automobile other than on fabric seats as you have indicated.

Usually the carpets are simply too dirty for that method to work.

There are a couple of ways to obtain foam, either from an aerosol can or to buyer a foaming device to foam your shampoo as they do for spraying foam on a car before washing.

You are lucky to not have any problems with your extractor. The key is not maintenance but keeping the wet foam out of the vacuum motor. The foam is light and the vac motor will suck it into the motor and rust it out.

In your situation it is something that will prematurely wear out the motor, not at once but over a period of time.

Regards
Bud Abraham

buda
April 20, 2006 03:50PM
<HTML>use a de-foamer and this will take care of foam problems</HTML>
April 20, 2006 03:54PM
<HTML>Gina:

How can you put a defoamer in a dri foam out of an aerosol can?

If you say put it in the refuse tank of the extractor there is usually not any liquid in the tank when vacuuming up dri foam. That foam simply comes thru the hose and right into the motor.

If you use a foaming shampoo then, right, you can put a defoamer in the solution tank to kill the foam. But, why not just use a non-foaming extractor shampoo in the first place in your extractor solution tank?

Regards
Bud Abraham

buda
April 20, 2006 03:54PM
<HTML>Gina:

If you say put it in the refuse tank of the extractor there is usually not any liquid in the tank when vacuuming up dri foam. That foam simply comes thru the hose and right into the motor.

If you use a foaming shampoo then, right, you can put a defoamer in the solution tank to kill the foam. But, why not just use a non-foaming extractor shampoo in the first place in your extractor solution tank?

Regards
Bud Abraham

buda
April 20, 2006 04:12PM
<HTML>Bud:

I have a lot of different shampoo machines, steam machines, etc. ...Depending on the machine I am using...some of the carpet extractors which are ageing and for grunt work I can use a non defoaming extractor shampoo.

Other machines which are still under warranty I use the defoamer in the solution tank to kill the foam and use all the chemicals that are designed to use with this machine. I have 2 vonschrader machines, 1 steamex, 2 power flite, and 7 CFR machines and have used them for over 10 years and do not have any problems with my motor</HTML>
April 21, 2006 02:08PM
<HTML>Gina:

Regards
Bud Abraham

buda
April 21, 2006 02:35PM
<HTML>Obviously you cannot put de-foamer in an aerosol can.

You can make your own dri-foam and apply onto a carpet...if you are not satisfied with how the carpet is looking you can extract it out with a shampoo extractor which is introducing water into the carpet and in this case you would need to put de-foamer in the tank.

As I explained depending on the machines warranty I usually use the products that go along with it...in the case of CFR machines we do not use a de-foaming shampoo we use a de-foamer with with the shampoo</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login