Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

RE:Hi im new in the independent detail business i just got my web page done what do you guys think honestly am willing to change it. [joshuathedetailer.com]

Posted by joshua 
hi i just reupdated my web site and also got me a web page to post all my pictures and to make friends and customers tell me what you think please joshuathedetailer.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2006 07:04AM by joshua.
Joshua:

Visited your website and would have these comments:

1. That Turtle looks suspiciously similiar to the Turtle Wax turtle. Be careful here because you could be in violation of their trademark.

2. I was not sure what to do when I got to your home page. You should have "click on Turtle to view website."

3. Personally, I think there is too much information. Your potential customer does not want to read all that verbage, they are just looking for someone to detail their car.

4. I would NEVER posted prices. This immediately closes the sales window. MEaning that they look at your prices, think they are too expensive and move on to another site that posts cheaper prices. What you need to say is that prices are based on size and condition of vehicle. This forces them to contact you. When you post prices you have answered their question before you have a chance to sell. When they contact you then you have a chance to "sell" yourself, not the detail service. That is what they will ultimately buy is "you" not your detail service. The sale is going to be made on how you sell yourself, they won't know how good your detal is until after you do it.

5. Going along with that, pricing cars as you do small, medium and large is not necessary either based on the above comments. Plus it again puts too much "stuff" to read on the site.

6. Photos and short lines of type is the watchword here.

7. Figure you what your monthly expenses are for your business with your accountant/bookkeeper. Including what salary you want to take from the business. The salary should include health insurance premiums; paid vacation; sick leave; retirement and profit (a business must make a profit after everything is paid including you. Usually about 10% of gross sales). Then divide the hours per month you operate into the total of your expenses and you get an hourly rate.

Your prices are then based on hour many hours to do the job x the hourly rate. Of course, if the market will bear a higher price, then by all means charge it, but NEVER charge less.

If the customer presses you for a price on the phone then say my hourly rate is $X and it normally takes X hours to do a 4 door Mercedes.

Hope that helps. If you want more on Marketing, Advertising, Pricing and Selling Detail Services we have a DVD on that subject for only $19.95

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS
buda@detailplus.com
1-800/284-0123
Joshua:

1. That Turtle looks suspiciously similiar to the Turtle Wax turtle. Be careful here because you could be in violation of their trademark.

2. I was not sure what to do when I got to your home page. You should have "click on Turtle to view website."

3. Personally, I think there is too much information. Your potential customer does not want to read all that verbage, they are just looking for someone to detail their car.

4. I would NEVER posted prices. This immediately closes the sales window. MEaning that they look at your prices, think they are too expensive and move on to another site that posts cheaper prices. What you need to say is that prices are based on size and condition of vehicle. This forces them to contact you. When you post prices you have answered their question before you have a chance to sell. When they contact you then you have a chance to "sell" yourself, not the detail service. That is what they will ultimately buy is "you" not your detail service. The sale is going to be made on how you sell yourself, they won't know how good your detal is until after you do it.

5. Going along with that, pricing cars as you do small, medium and large is not necessary either based on the above comments. Plus it again puts too much "stuff" to read on the site.

7. Figure you what your monthly expenses are for your business with your accountant/bookkeeper. Including what salary you want to take from the business. The salary should include health insurance premiums; paid vacation; sick leave; retirement and profit (a business must make a profit after everything is paid including you. Usually about 10% of gross sales). Then divide the hours per month you operate into the total of your expenses and you get an hourly rate.

Your prices are then based on hour many hours to do the job x the hourly rate. Of course, if the market will bear a higher price, then by all means charge it, but NEVER charge less.

If the customer presses you for a price on the phone then say my hourly rate is $X and it normally takes X hours to do a 4 door Mercedes.

Hope that helps. If you want more on Marketing, Advertising, Pricing and Selling Detail Services we have a DVD on that subject for only $19.95

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS
buda@detailplus.com
1-800/284-0123
www.detailplus.com
Joshua:

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS
buda@detailplus.com
1-800/284-0123
www.detailplus.com
Joshua,

You may want to consider rewording the opening statement on your service page so that it focuses more on how your detailing service meets the needs of the customer. Think about the benefits your customers enjoy when they use your service. You have good information there, it just needs to be rearranged a bit.
Instead of using the word dress try considering [clean and condition]
Joshua :
Okay, I'm convinced of your abilities and energy after reading your link info buttttt...Linking your site to that offensive Myspace page with obscene rap lyrics played over... Think about what image that projects. More important, give some thought to what kind of culture will bring you success and what kind leads to overspending, overindugence and failure. I suggest you read Thomas Sowell's book, Black Rednecks and White Liberals and pay particular attention to the chapter, " Are Jews Generic ? ". Feel free to blast me for saying all this but remember you asked for honest reactions. I'd have responded privately but the Myspace link is there for anyone to see so I feel safe in calling attention to it. Go to the library and get the book. I only wish I'd read it when I was young.
Doug
" Everybody makes mistakes. That's why they have Las Vegas." -Joe Pyne-
Hi doug i understand what your saying but am here for mr jackson his my friend. so if that means i got to post "to that offensive Myspace page with obscene rap lyrics played over..." i will since if you take a good close look you see that most of this people are young working guys and women who live at home so everything the work for goes on there cars and i am a part of that am not here to judge them just to take there money because they all represent a car club. so they go to car shows that offeres them good money for showing there cars. so they will invest $200-$300 dollars just so they can show off. now mr Thomas Sowell's forgot that america moves because of money and on these time who cares if your a redneck, black, latino, chinese, whatever. if you got money i respect you if you dont your not worth my time. i know tons of people that live in beverly hills,bel air that are customers.and i know people that live in the ghetto and guess what they all have one thing in common they love my work and both spend the same amount for my presence around there car.and those half naked offensive girls they drive to might not have enough cash to detail but we can always arrange something,favor for a favor.guess mr Thomas Sowell's dint think about that did he but again thanks for the reaction.
UGHUUU, OK

Philip
Manager of detail Depmnt, Hadwin White Buick, GMC
Myrtle Beach, SC
E-mail: philipwsuggs@hotmail.com
Joshua-
I think I understand your position better now. If this niche market is what makes money for you, why not Jazz up your site to relate to these peoples' feelings and culture ? You could focus on being the star detailer to this market and there would be nothing wrong with that.

I differ with your views on money. I only respect people for their money if it represents honest earning. I respect people regardless of their wealth if they trade honestly, are considerate of others etc. I PRETEND to respect pretty girls even if I don't respect them ( LOL).

Why do people say money doesn't buy happiness ? Answer: Poor people say it because they hope it is true. Rich people say it because they know it is true.

I'm not asking you to judge your customers. I'm suggesting that you examine the culture types that breed success and choose a positive one for yourself.
You can do that while serving your present customers loyally.

Thanks for reading my last post with a good attitude. I wish you success and if you are actually getting the favors of females in the course of your detailing, count me as one jealous SOB (LOL).
Doug
?

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 04:56PM by MartinHernandez.
Do you actually detail any of these cars?
The language is strong and you will lose some target groups. You may consider losing the words but keeping the music, lots of folks will already know the words.
The transitioning is excellent and I agree w/Bud about the pricing, let them make contact or they will fly!
Appreciate your ambition, and keep an open mind about suggestions.

Detailing, An Art In Motion!
Martin:
Apparently you don't know what the letters "LOL" mean. Everyone on this forum should have ( or get) a sense of humor.
By posting that professional and profitable detailers don't post on this forum any more, you disprove your own point by stating it !

Jim, Stephen, Philip, Randy, New Again, Gina, Brian : Sorry to hear from Martin that you are all unprofitable and unprofessional. Hope things improve for you all. (LOL) (TE HE) (HAHA).

Seriously, I'd like to see Anthony, Chris, Rob, Brandy, Mark, Dan and the rest of the old crowd return. They stopped most posting before I returned. Whatever their reasons, it defies logic to imply that I chased them away. It is another example of the "brothel owners" complaining about the "street whores".
I doubt that any other forum packs as much solid information as this one,
in spite of its limited membership. Martin, your dig at the forum is unjust to Webmaster Paul, who generously provides it without censorship.
There is room here for the enthusiast, the professional, the amateur and even the fly-by-nighter. The pros we do still have here are excellent. Let's keep it fun.
Doug
What Happend? I leave for a couple of days only to come back and find out I'm still not professional or profitable.

Philip
Manager of detail Depmnt, Hadwin White Buick, GMC
Myrtle Beach, SC
E-mail: philipwsuggs@hotmail.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login