Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wheres Bud?

Posted by Larry A 
Wheres Bud?
March 03, 2007 10:37PM
I havert seen Bud post lately.
Re: Wheres Bud?
March 04, 2007 01:48AM
Good point, Larry. This forum is beginning to feel like one of those murder mystery movies where ten or so people agree to spend the night in an old ( possibly haunted ) mansion and disappear one by one. Kinda gives me the creeps. Stick close to me. We've got to find Bud and see if he knows what's going on...
Doug
March 04, 2007 02:09PM
( In FUN )
Psst ! Larry ! No sign of Bud in here. Listen : You wait here while I search the other forums, just in case Bud shows up. The candle will give you a little light. Don't go anywhere. ( to be continued )
Doug
March 04, 2007 04:44PM
A few posts back Bud asked were everybody went. Now he is missing. Doug, watch your back. (in fun)
March 06, 2007 05:24AM
Some buddy turn the lights back on. I'm scaired of the dark!

No Surrender,

Paul Pollock
WebCars! Webmaster
[web-cars.com]
March 08, 2007 07:42PM
Gentlemen, Ive called you here to investigate the strange disappearance of one Bud Abraham from this forum. Anyone could have have had a motive for removing Bud from the forum, even you, Paul, and we know you had the means at your disposal ! New Again, no doubt you resented it when Bud said you obviously knew nothing about chemistry. Below is another possible suspect and a quote from the dim past :

Re: Lets Talk About the Business of Detailing
Posted by: Dwayne@DetailCity.com (IP Logged)
Date: October 16, 2003 11:20PM

<HTML>Bud, yes I am calling you out as a basher of other companies and products that are not your own.
I think it lacks class. I think if you have cheap, second rate and bottom of the barrel ingredients in your products then you can afford to sell them cheap. Keep in mind that some chemical companies choose to buy the best possible ingredients that go into their formulas and the price with reflect the cost plus profit.

Anyone in this room could be the guilty party.
Doug ( IN FUN )
March 10, 2007 04:25AM
I wonder why NO pros post here any more?????????????

Philip
Manager of detail Depmnt, Hadwin White Buick, GMC
Myrtle Beach, SC
E-mail: philipwsuggs@hotmail.com
March 10, 2007 04:50AM
Philip :
From what I can see, some of the pros you are talking about don't like it when ordinary motorists are given straight answers on this forum. Some of the pros are not detailers but rather salesmen. Salesmen enjoy knocking anything they don't sell, often in subtle ways. They don't like it when an upstart tests products and provides unbiased information. Some of the pros object to the fact that this forum is open to enthusiasts. I think enthusiast detailing is interesting and useful to pros.
If people want a radio talk show format, where the point is not pooling information but rather to ridicule the " jerks " who disagree with the bully talk show host, then this forum isn't going to interest them.
I appreciate your contributions, Philip, and hope you will add something to many of these new threads.
Humor, personal opinion, personal experiance, truth, answers to questions, solid info. ; helping others is what makes this forum good.
I have yet to hear a good reason for boycotting the forum.
Doug
March 10, 2007 07:41AM
Philip-
Pros ? I just read some stuff on the Mobileworks pro forum that set my B.S. detector off big time. I checked some archived threads about Zaino. Some of the hot air came from people who had never used the product. One salesman had to retract a false charge a few posts later. Maybe these people are avoiding this forum because their guesses and arrogance won't do on this forum.
There are some pros I'm willing to do without. People who won't test a product before insulting it remind me of the pros I worked with in auto repair ; the guys who "knew" Snap-on brand tools were " overpriced " and " paying for the name " and " no better than Sears Craftsman " or so they said---fact was that the best mechanics used Snap-on Tools and it was for the same reason show car owners use Zaino.
I feel angry when I think of the newbies who could be be deprived of the chance to use Zaino or other good products because they get fooled by these loud authority figures on other forums.
Doug
March 10, 2007 10:24PM
doug i think people are avoiding this site to avoid you,i here detail city needs a good product tester.doug i dont know about you but im in this business to make MONEY not to test every high end and dollar store product i can find.
March 10, 2007 11:01PM
Dave :
I provide a lot more here than simply product tests. I've invited everyone to post what subjects they want to discuss. Before this, the forum had stalled without my involvement. I don't intentionally drive people away. My being here doesn't prevent anyone from posting.
If the product posts don't interest you, that's reasonable. If you have topics that will make money for members, please start a thread or two. Maybe if you put some info out here, I'll back off some and read for a change.
Doug
March 11, 2007 03:38PM
Doug, Continue with your product tests. You have a lot more products to try out. You should try Diamond Plus and see if Bud is right.
March 11, 2007 05:38PM
Thanks Larry ! I'll consider trying out Diamond Plus too.
Doug
March 11, 2007 09:22PM
wait a minute you havent even tried buds sealant yet insist that zaino is a superior product.anyway to comment on one of the above post about salesman/detailers.unless you work for someone and dont have to deal with customers,gms,salesman ect ect you have to be a salesman.if your self employed your selling yourself and your product everyday.just like your selling your usefulness on this site.doug im not saying that some of your advice isnt useful but this is a fairly simple biz,production production production.its not rocket science,you find good products good employees and good customers and work till your fingers fall off.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
March 11, 2007 11:07PM
Dave-
I haven't tried Bud's Diamond Plus partly because anything I said about it would likely be viewed as suspect, because of my arguments with Bud. I have quoted the four members I know of who praised Diamond Plus. I think that is fair enough. I never said I compared Zaino to Diamond Plus. I think Zaino Z-2 is the best (overall ) sealant or wax I've used and I've used way over 50 including professional products such as Awesome Gloss, Meguiar's #26 liquid, Banana Magic etc. I tried Valugard OEM and found it harsh and dulling.
My problem with the "salesmen" is that (1) People who market a brand of product should not slam a competitor's product because it is unprofessional and they cannot be an objective source of information and (2) many of their claims against Zaino and other competing products have been false.
I did not mean to say that there is anything wrong with making a living as a salesman.
You and I probably have very different personalities so we may look at the same thing and see it differently. I'm interested in finding things out even when there is no apparent practical value in it. I just want to know what product is best, how fast something can be done, what other people know that I don't etc.
You appear to like keeping things at the practical level and would prefer not to worry about stuff that won't likely make money for you.
Perhaps you can skip the theoretical stuff I like and participate in the threads dealing with marketing, equipment, insurance etc.
At any rate, a lot of my contributions could help enthusiasts if not pros. It helps if there is something for everybody here. If you can provide the down-to-earth perspective here, I say, " Go for it ".
Doug
March 12, 2007 01:52AM
Doug, You sell Zaino way more than I hear Bud selling anything! Now granted you can probably find more threads to the contrary right now, but Bud has been here longer. You're on track to way out posting him if you stay on another week. Listen I hate to break it to you, but starting threads explaining every part of a shop vac is helpful to no one. Its like your sitting in your basement with nothing to do but make up weird stuff to bring up. This forum had not stalled before you, but it has stalled now. Ive heard by personal e-mails from pros that you are the sole reason they are not posting here anymore. It has become a teenagers "My Space" Page. Sure Bud and Ketch and some others push there products from time to time, but you ever thought there is a reason they have their own products? Because they have forgotten more about this business than youll ever know! Look at how many threads there are of you posting back to yourself. Now I certainly will not lose any sleep over your posting here, because I have much better things to do like........ DETAIL 25 CARS THIS WEEK! But I just couldnt let it go when I saw how much you think your bringing to the detail industry by slamming some of it's best and most experienced people.

Philip
Manager of detail Depmnt, Hadwin White Buick, GMC
Myrtle Beach, SC
E-mail: philipwsuggs@hotmail.com
March 12, 2007 11:56AM
The thing I really like about this site is I can come here anytime and ask whatever I like concerning auto detailing, and when the answers come in I chose what is best for me and leave the rest. There is a lot of GOOD ideas out there, Thanks to all Jim
March 13, 2007 01:07AM
Philip-
I'm not selling Zaino-I'm testing it.

I apologize if the Shop Vac article was not helpful. I thought a lot of people had little knowlege of vacuums.

As I've said before, just because someone is a giant of the industry doesn't mean his statements should go unchallenged and just because he's a newbie doesn't mean his statements should be pounced upon. Some of the falsehoods said against Zaino are outrageous, especially coming from competitors :
( not exact quotes but here's what was said )
* " Zaino is nothing special "
* " Zaino is based on an old floor wax formula "
* " Zaino preys upon unsophisticated consumers "
* " Zaino gives a plasticy shine "
* " Zaino has the same basic ingredient as a floor wax "
* " Zaino is bought by people who like to rewax their cars every two weeks..."
* " Zaino's ZFX is a marketing gimmick "
* " Zaino is not worth the price they charge "
* " ...I guess there's a sucker born every minute..."
( not quoted verbatim )
You should be glad I exposed this smear campaign, Philip.
I say my new threads are a lot better than arguing with Bud over and over as to how many beads of water can dance on the head of a waxed pin. If my info is lacking, why don't people like you respond to these new threads and fill in what I don't know ?
Jim- glad you enjoy the forum and hope you are not among the ones I have offended.
Doug
March 13, 2007 03:10AM
Not at all Doug, I get a lot of good information from this site, when I come on this site it for the purpose of receiving information on products and cleaning techniques, hell if I had all the answers I'd be out teaching school, Like I said, I take what I can use and leave what I can't. thanks Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login