Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CHYRSLER & GM CLOSING 1,889 DEALERSHIPS in USA

Posted by buda 
CHYRSLER & GM CLOSING 1,889 DEALERSHIPS in USA
May 16, 2009 06:55PM
Just this week both Chyrsler Corporation and General Motors announced the closing of 1,889 new car dealerships across the USA.

What impact is this going to have an the detail industry and you as individual detail businesses?

If do dealer business with Chyrsler stores you may be loose the business. Go to this link for an entire list of those dealers slated to close:

[llnw.static.cbslocal.com]

Anxious to hear your thoughts and comments on these closing and impact on the auto detailing industry and your business, in particular.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

buda
Re: CHYRSLER & GM CLOSING 1,889 DEALERSHIPS in USA
May 17, 2009 03:54AM
?

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 05:10PM by MartinHernandez.
May 17, 2009 06:46AM
That is interesting since GM out sold Toyota last year, in cars sold.

Do you mind sharing your source for those statistics?
May 19, 2009 01:24AM
Bud-
The anti-technology crowd, disguised as sincere environmentalists is set to impose extreme emission and gas mileage standards. This will likely drive the price of cars up and force people to drive very small cars. The small cars, will in turn drive up injuries and fatalities because no one will downsize the commercial trucks, telephone poles and deer.

The CAFE standards and safety legislation helped destroy the American car makers already.

The future of anything auto-related looks bleak. I've been told that GM is doomed due to retirement/health care obligations and will die regardless. You ought to ask whether Ford and GM might be better off if the government had not meddled in the 1980s and had let Chrysler die.
All of this is primarily the fault of Republicans and Democrats.

Doug
May 19, 2009 01:15PM
?

Martin Hernandez

June 03, 2009 02:33PM
?

Martin Hernandez

June 05, 2009 03:33AM
Hmmm. Nationalizing industries, socialized medicine, a proposed treaty that would require gun registration with the lists available to foreign governments, a proposed "civilian security force" as big and as powerful as our military ?

What kind of country does it sound like ?

Doug
June 27, 2009 02:28AM
On June 30th the Chevrolet dealership where I have been a business manager for three years is closing due to GM's restructuring plan in Canada.
We are one of 190 dealers here who were told via email that we would be closed.
I have the option to stay a business manager but I have chosen to use the skills I have aquired and say screw you GM and open my own detail shop. I have taken a lemon and made lemon aide.
I have found this site very inspiring and I know I chosen the right path.
So to answer your question the closings have only inspired me to open my own business.
Barbaralyn
Lil Miss Details
June 27, 2009 05:13AM
Barbaralyn :
Best wishes for success in your new venture !
Hope you will continue to participate in this forum too.

You can save selections from the archives to print out and use for reference/training in your shop or make a disc. You may also want to visit the Mobileworks forums if you haven't already done so.

Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login