Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fastest growing area in the detail business

Posted by billd55 
Fastest growing area in the detail business
April 06, 2010 06:11PM
You know what it is ? Fixing mistakes caused by hack detailers who work for dealerships.Here is just one more example:

[truthindetailing.com] <br>

Why does this happen, because the dealerships put demands on detailers like this one who expects 4 quality details a day, pays $8.00 an hour,or $30.00 a car.A person working in a 7-11 makes more than that.<br>

[lasvegas.craigslist.org]

[fortmyers.craigslist.org]

As you will note in this post that correction does remove clearcoat,and this is not the first time this car has had a buffer on it.The detailer did use a poly sealant after removing the swirls.<br>

My point I am trying to get across to everone here is that the use of a wax or glaze is a factor in every example I have showed here.I feel what is happening is that these hacks are using the wax to cover the swirl marks caused by the buffer.<br>

I am not saying that correction is not needed,but clearly it is being used far to often,and it is causing expensive damage that requires someone else fix it.
Re: Fastest growing area in the detail business
April 11, 2010 04:14PM
Tell us something we don't know. Why are you complaining? It's one hell of a money maker for us.

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]
April 11, 2010 10:50PM
Martin

It may make you alot of money,but it is making detailers out to be like car salesman.How would you feel if you bought a new car and you had to spend a bunch
of money to fix something that was caused by some idot with a wheel? You know what happens if people get burned enough? Government steps in and they start to regulate detailing,and I for one do not want that.<br>

What are you going to say when you hear people say: All detailers are all the same. They damage your paint finish, and charge you more to fix it. I do not want to be known as the guy that fixes other detailers mistakes,but the guy that protects my clearcoat, and keeps it looking new for a fair price.
June 06, 2010 03:55AM
Waxes and glazes have nothing to do with this matter. A bad detailer puts scratches into the surface by poor compound buffing. What he then puts on the paint ( wax, glaze or sealant ) is irrelevant.

You can avoid damaging a finish by using only a mild polish unless a more aggressive product is really needed.

Covering minor scratches with wax or sealant may be better than removing clearcoat to correct those minor scratches.

Zaino Z-5 can help hide scratches. It is often used prior to applying Z-2.

Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login