Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT-5 on a new Camary

Posted by billd55 
AT-5 on a new Camary
December 06, 2011 10:52PM
I have heard the reason people apply wax over a poly sealant is because the shine looks flat. Well, I did a new Camary
yesterday with AT-5 to show you here that is not needed with a true acrylic product.

[www.youtube.com]
Re: AT-5 on a new Camary
December 07, 2011 01:29AM
Wow! $120 in 4 hours!!! Man, you're killing it! smiling smiley

Why does it take you so long just to apply a paint sealant on a brand new car?

Where do you get your "velour" towels from?
December 07, 2011 03:10AM
Why does it take you so long just to apply a paint sealant on a brand new car?

Because it does. AT-5 has to be worked into the clear for it to bond and cover properly.

Where do you get your "velour" towels from?

I use bath towels that are cheap at the Goodwill type stores. I find they work great for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2011 03:11AM by billd55.
December 07, 2011 01:37PM
billd55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
AT-5 has to be worked into the
> clear for it to bond and cover properly.
>

Oh, so AT-5 actually penetrates "into" catalyzed paint....That would explain why it takes such a long time to accomplish.
December 07, 2011 09:44PM
I'm not won over. Photography of vehicles in late evening shade always makes them look glossier than they are in the glare of the mid-day sun. Its one of those detailing tricks that show in the forums... it can hide so much.

I'm not saying the finish isn't good, Bill. Its just that you need to do it properly if you want to provide something definitive about AT-5.
December 07, 2011 09:59PM
Exactly Profile Detailer - Way too much hype surrounding just an ordinary paint sealant, when almost every *real* detailer knows that the correction of the finish and properly maintaining it is what matters most. Just because you sell $120 snake oil treatments to unsuspecting customers on an annual basis and post shoddy videos doesn't mean you're not a hack. (new car dealers actually get more $$$ and they don't waste the time posting videos) I pretty much am 100% convinced of what is being done, but I'd give anything just to be a fly on the lens of Bill's camera. LOL.
December 08, 2011 04:25AM
I'm not won over. Photography of vehicles in late evening shade always makes them look glossier than they are in the glare of the mid-day sun. Its one of those detailing tricks that show in the forums... it can hide so much.

Actually, if you were paying attention I said the before video was done in the morning, and the after was about midday.

I'm not saying the finish isn't good, Bill. Its just that you need to do it properly if you want to provide something definitive about AT-5.

Well, the Jeep and Tahoe videos are in direct sunlight. What is wrong with them?

Pro-Techt's words of wisdom:

Way too much hype surrounding just an ordinary paint sealant, when almost every *real* detailer knows that the correction of the finish and properly maintaining it is what matters most.

Are you a damm parrot? How do you know it is just an ordinary paint sealant? YOU DO'NT. Are you a real detailer because you use a product from the 50's which requires correction to make it look good. That offers nothing but a
temp shine and beads water. Clearly, real protection means nothing to you.

Look why do'nt you post your own material instead of living off of mine. You are like a groupie that exists to post something negative about me and AT-5. No one is asking you to buy AT-5, but other people may. You have to be the most negative person on this forum.
December 17, 2011 06:33AM
billd55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Are you a real detailer because you use a product from the
> 50's which requires correction to make it look
> good.

I guess you're a real detailer if you use a teflon paint sealant that has been around over 25 years that offers a 5 year warranty but ends up needing to be reapplied every year??
December 17, 2011 11:05AM
I guess you're a real detailer if you use a teflon paint sealant that has been around over 25 years that offers a 5 year warranty but ends up needing to be reapplied every year??

So what is your point exactly? Your the one who claims to be the real detailer , not me.
December 17, 2011 02:17PM
My 1st point is that you criticize wax for being around since the 50's but fail to see that AT-5 has been around for 25 years.

My second point is that your miracle teflon sealant has a 5 year warranty and claims to have been tested by an independent lab (without proof), used on planes and all your client's cars, but you still have the need to reapply it annually. If it's so great and long lasting then why is this being needed? It's not like your area of Floirda is some harsh environment that is is brutal on paint sealants??
December 17, 2011 03:04PM
My 1st point is that you criticize wax for being around since the 50's but fail to see that AT-5 has been around for 25 years.

That is not the reason I criticize wax at all .

My second point is that your miracle teflon sealant has a 5 year warranty and claims to have been tested by an independent lab (without proof), used on planes and all your client's cars, but you still have the need to reapply it annually

I have explained this to you once before, but you must be to dense to remember.

Once again you are wrong: [www.slideshare.net]

This product is basically AT-5. This company asked me to come to Houston in 2005 to supervise the application of 2 737
jets in Houston.
December 17, 2011 04:16PM
Big friggin deal! You watched people wash and wax a couple planes almost 8 years ago. You make it sound like you're the head honcho on some covert mission. Just reinforces that you do indeed have a business relationship with GEM that has been struggling for a long period of time which is most likely the reason someone your age can't make it as a professional full time detailer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login