Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER!!!

Posted by Toddco Bodywerkes 
I would appreciate it if a certain person or persons stop making misquotes on any advice that is given out from this board on the account of my company.

This board is for advice & is not for playing games on. The webmaster is going to be notified of such matters for now on & future readings & future posts.

We are all here to give & learn from advice & future offerings. If you start to abuse the board. It can be easily be removed! then what will we have?
Re: THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER!!!
January 17, 2002 04:33AM
Hello everyone . I have been following this board for a few weeks now.Just have not had any questions or comments for anyone till now.Just could not pass this one up.I have owned and operated my detail shop for about three years now,and have approximatly eight years experience prior to opening my own business.I think this board is fantastic.But I do believe there is a little animosity here.I eat,sleep,andbreath auto detailing.I would be P....D OFF! too,if every time I asked a question or gave an opinion on something,someone had to make an undermining knowitall remark. This is someones business and life being criticized.Toddco has made a lot of good points in many of his answers and questions. Seems to be pretty knowledgeable about many things.If someone wants to use his advice or disregard it ,its his or her own choice. There is no need, or point for the criticism. HAVE A HAPPY DAY.
Very well said matt, my only regret is that you said before I did. It would be a shame to have someone ruin a very good thing for the rest of us.
Dan
January 17, 2002 04:59PM
Your already screwing your company by giving out your old advice, steel wool on windows? Then what when the innocent lady scratches the HELL out of her windows? She will have to buff out the scratches when really she should have buffed the window for the water spots in the first place.

How can I ruin this site for everyone? It is already ruined with crappy advice. I will not notify the innocent people of shotty advice they are recieving any longer, since someones ego or so called company cant take it.

You dont have to kick me out, I will leave if all of you are too stupid to realize the lame advice some are giving. Later
January 17, 2002 06:09PM
Gentelmen:

May I suggest that calm reasoned thinking and cooler heads prevail.

It is my sincere hope and belief that eveyone can in some way add some value and that all comments be constructed in an attempt to do the same.

We are all free willed and creative thinkers so lets remember that and be respectful of one another and in doing so exercise some courtesy and consideration for each other when presenting new ideas of concepts or voicing an opposing oppinion on any given topic.

This board is indeed a very good thing with some very good and capable regular people on it. I would hate to see anyone stop contributing or going away as I beleive each and everyone has to date provided some good and is likely to have much more to offer.

Lets also not forget that it is also the responsibility of everyone reading this information to choose what is right for them and exercise due caution and common sense when using any information that is provided. This is also the very reason why so often a back and forth dialoge exists on any given topic.

It seems to me that when acting on information provided on this board that most any misapplication of product or proceedure by an end user could lead to some damage and very costly problems. So I expect the users of this information to be armed with the ability to correctly interprete what is right for them relative to the specifics of their vehical, problem, location and their own capabilities and limitations in correcting it.

May I also suggest a protocol for dealing with opposing views:

1. Comments wishing to voice concern or disagreement should be respectfully posted in a form of constructive critisism providing alternative options for the reader.
2. Be respectful of all persons who post.

Respectfully submitted by S10 guy
January 17, 2002 11:33PM
i might be guilty of some of this, but i know that there are some methods that are a little different than mine. often i wonder "what the hell did this guy recommend?". that doesn't mean that his or her method is crap, it is just different than mine. i try to be respectful and don't really like to call names or put folks down. i have to deal with very dangerous and mentally unstable persons everyday(and feel right at home on this board-just kidding!!!!!) i do look forward to the advice and tips and reading about them. i don't think i have been purposely disrespectful and apologize to anyone offended. a thousand different opinions wouldn't offend me!
Dan
January 18, 2002 07:51AM
I personally like all of you gentelmen! It gets under my skin when people think they know it all, when clearly, they are giving out advice that WILL damage a car. Also this is not a site to promote ones business. My three cents
January 18, 2002 07:08PM
I'm fairly new to detailing(8months) and i have used steel wool on the windows of some cars. I haven't had any problems, but i didn't know thier was a type of window that steel wool would scratch. I find alot of the info on this board very useful and could save me alot of time and trouble. Please don't stop posting your ideas here. Let's just not critisize each other as we are just trying to learn all we can about detailing. The good and the bad.
Thanks to all of you for your advice. Rod(OH)
January 19, 2002 03:08AM
I personally side with Toddco, and Jackimoe.. On this one. Both close friends of mine along with others on this board.. Yeah you to Gary (by the way got my mail today May I say cool pictures.. Keep up the work) Lets keep the board to the subject and not have it for a open field to start fights nor start any @!#$... We've been threw this on the last board. If your pissed at someones answer then question them and tell them what you believe and not of ways of starting with everyone on the board including Gary the webmaster.. Lets keep the ball rolling FORWARD like we've been instead of slowing it down with negativity...
Thank you,
Todd "Picasso" Brenniser
Picasso's Auto Imagery
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login