Mailings
September 27, 2005 05:24PM
<HTML>What type of material do you guys include when you do mailings to office parks? Menus, letter, business cards, etc?</HTML>
Re: Mailings
October 02, 2005 03:19AM
<HTML>Best direct mailing for a quality customer, who by the way, is the only customer who will buy detailing is a personally addressed letter with a first class stamp on it.

Postcards, coupons, etc, get thrown in File 13.

The type of customer you want will open and read a personally addressed letter.

Be brief and to the point. Tell them what you do and you will pickup and deliever that is all these type of customers want.

Don't bore them with all sorts of technical BS or how many services you do, etc.

KISS is the principle I believe.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
October 03, 2005 03:11AM
<HTML>Just great!! I had 5000 high gloss/ front - back post cards made up. They will be mailed out this month.

I may try some sales letters in hand addressed envelopes to see what happens.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
October 03, 2005 03:39AM
<HTML>Dont worry about it Joe, the post cards will work fine. The Direct marketing association recommend that the only time you use printed letters inside an envelope is if privacy or confidentialty is a concern, if your selling see through thongs or something.

"Is your sales message short and simple, and designed to motivate your prospect to visit your website to hear your full pitch (and place an order)? A postcard is a good option."

Jim.</HTML>
October 03, 2005 04:04AM
<HTML>.Jim, I will email you a sample of the post card. Let me know what you think.</HTML>

October 03, 2005 04:10AM
<HTML>Don't fret Joe, your postcard sounds good and professional. My personal preference is a letter, but we do have some postcards to. One has a photo of a car and the words:

"When was the last time you gave your vehicle's paint a TUNE-UP?"

Thought provoking to say the least.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 03, 2005 04:18AM
<HTML>The reason I like a personal letter is because everyone mails out postcards, I want to be different and stand out from the rest.

Also, any direct mailing consultant will tell you that a personally addressed letter, preferable handwritten with a postage stamp on it vs a metered stamp and certainly a bulk mailing post is read whereas the "junk mail" is chucked in the waste basket.

If you want a 2% response do the postcard.

To give you an example we are jumping starting a carwash so we mailed out a first mailing of 5400 FREE exterior carwashes within a one mile radius of the wash via a professionally done postcard. Do you know how many we got back? A FREE, no strings attached carwash... 268 out of 5400 and of those 268, 95 had been in before.

A direct mailing to have some response has to be really targeted to a specific market and to specific customers.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 03, 2005 04:21AM
<HTML>I don't have a catchy tag line.

Mine have a freshly polished BMW 635 with the words AUTO DETAILING over the photo.

The reverse side has a brief sales pitch directing them to call me or visit my web site for more info.</HTML>

October 03, 2005 02:00PM
<HTML>Joe:

No worry, I am sure this card will work for you. Certainly, it will motivate those who know what detailing is and were not aware of your company.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 04, 2005 06:11AM
<HTML>Joe what type of cost for glossy on west coast and did you do art work ? May need to look in to print shop for winter months!!</HTML>
October 04, 2005 06:26AM
<HTML>I used a company called - www.overnightprints.com</HTML>

October 29, 2005 08:10PM
<HTML>Any of you guys have any success with infousa.com for mailing lists?</HTML>
October 29, 2005 09:09PM
<HTML>I am working with Performance Direct Marketing.</HTML>

October 29, 2005 09:12PM
<HTML>UPDATE:

I have yet to mail anything out. My consultant stopped me. He is going to target a market, do break evens, etc...

We have carved out some niches and are going full steam ahead at 'em maybe as soon as next week.</HTML>

November 16, 2005 06:02PM
<HTML>Joe,

How did you do with the postcards?</HTML>
November 17, 2005 06:07AM
<HTML>We crunched numbers and went over a plan and decided to wait until the begining of the new year to start a program.

One reason is that are business plan isn't done yet and we are also pretty busy right now.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login