Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Crazy detailing product??????

Posted by carmine ruggiero 
Crazy detailing product??????
October 13, 2005 10:45PM
<HTML>A question not related to cars but close.....I put a lot of effort in keeping my car as pristine as possible and use use only One Grand Products (Blitz wax plus other OG products) with great results but all my motorcycle buddies insist that the best product to use on a motorcycle is Lemon Spray Pledge??????? Actually I used it once and it seemed to do a dam good job. So what do some of the members of this forum think???? Crazy? maybe...damaging ? maybe????? Remember today's motrcycle cruisers are ( just like cars) a mish-mash of plastics, painted metal, plastisized chrome, regular chrome and who knows what else...and many parts of the bike get very hot even when cooled with coolant and air-fins....but these guys just spray on wipe and go.................like to hear from the pros...so I can spread the word given the Goldies now sell for 25 to 30 thousand plus with extras................................God Bless America and our troops all over the world...may they kick ass and come home soon...........................</HTML>
Dan
Re: Crazy detailing product??????
October 15, 2005 05:50PM
<HTML>Who knows? Post the msds on your product and maybe someone can help.

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
October 15, 2005 07:59PM
<HTML>At concours events I used to use Pledge after I cleaned the vehicle, its gives a high 'shine' but zero protection ( the modern QD have made this old timer method obsolete) definetly not something to use on an everyday driver though (I've never looked into its MSDS I must admit but I suspect a rich oil/water emulsion.l
JonM</HTML>

[ each one / teach one, then student /becomes teacher ]
October 22, 2005 03:50PM
<HTML>Pledge is nothing more than a variation of a silicone dressing product. Note I said a "variation."

As I have said numerous times, there is no magic in chemical formulations, they are basic chemistry.

The basic formulas of most compounds; polishes; glazes; swirl removers, waxes and paint sealants are the same.

Each chemist makes some adjustments to achieve a specific goal, say when they are developing a wax or sealant.

a. Price
b. Shine
c. Durability
d. Resistance to soaps
e. Corrosion resistence
f. Ease of application & removal

No one product will do all these things perfectly, but a conscientious chemist given the latitude can achieve some good results.

Very difficult for a detailer or user to objectively know if a wax/sealant product is really better than another other than how shiny a product is compared to another. Or, maybe how easy it is to apply and remove.

Hope that helps

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login