Re: favorite sealant
July 04, 2003 11:04AM
<HTML>My favorite is Zaino.

Onthespot,
On The Spot Mobile Detailing, Western North Carolina</HTML>
July 04, 2003 12:04PM
<HTML>Zaino, Klasse and this new stuff not yet released from roadfly.org
It is a sealant/wax in one step..., best of both worlds and VERY easy to apply.
I recieved a sample with an order of towels and it is the easiest stuff to apply. I even let it "bake" in the sun a couple of hours just to see what would happen.
It came right off!!! No streaking, hazing, etc.</HTML>
Dan
July 06, 2003 02:17AM
<HTML>I love Zaino Z-2 on top of Z-5, you can apply it with a DA and foam pad and not have to wait for curing time in reasonable weather. I also love their wash solution, keeps the sealant lasting a long time.</HTML>
July 06, 2003 02:36PM
<HTML>I agree with you, Dansmiling smiley
The zaino is really durable, and super easy to apply/remove..., easier than almost anything I have tried when you allow it to completely dry.

I have also used P21S as a "topper" to Zaino after about 3 coats..., looks great!

If I am not mistaken, they have new versions of Z-2/Z-5..., not positive they are released yet. I have tried the prototyles and if you like the original..., you will love the new stuff!!!
One thing I like about Zaino, Sal is not stuck on one formula..., he is constantly improving and testing.
I have the new Z-5 on one car and it looks amazing!!!
The plus side is I don't have to apply every month to keep it looking that way, as you stated- the "Z" wash is also an incredable product as well as Z-6 gloss enhancer.

I sound like an advertisment, LOL!

No, I am not associated with Zaino..., as a matter of fact, Zaino is competition to my products..., but the truth is, Zaino ROCKS!!!

So far, the stuff I have has not yet been released to the public, only very small quantities local.

I have a sealant/wax combo (it saves the "topper step", and a poly gloss enhancing quick detail product ). I also have a great paint cleaner/mild SMR, car wash and a tire/vinyl/rubber protectant.
For now, only the sealant wax and QD will be sold on a larger scale in a few weeks to several months.

The other products are also top quality, but only have so much to invest at the momentsmiling smiley

I use all of the above products on one of my cars and the vinyl/rubber dressing on all of them (I really like that stuffsmiling smiley

So, no, this is not an advertisment, as I am not selling internet..., yetsmiling smiley</HTML>
July 06, 2003 04:11PM
<HTML>Platinum UPP - cheap, sooo easy to use and looks wonderful.</HTML>
July 06, 2003 07:26PM
<HTML>Diamond Plus!

I have been EXTREMELY Pleased with the results. Long lasting and the price can't be beat. I only wished it was sold in quarts or pints.

They also have a One-Step that is almost as good in terms of durability. The physical appearance is completely different compared to the Diamond Plus, but I did a half and half test and after 8 weeks on an outdoor car both are still working with the Diamond Plus having a definate edge over the one-step. I expected this though. The one step actually can be used as a 2000 grit compound adding to it's usefullness. I have used both now on several details both light and dark colors came out great.

But I have to admit I have not tried Zaino yet. Just not sold on the whole application procedure, curring, maintence, & price. And then possibly having to add a carnauba topper.

Probably get flamed worse than Acrlyic-Werks, but I finally found a product I am very please with.

Collinite is my second choice for protection, but it's Carnauba wax. Again long lasting, great shine, but that's what I and my customers like.</HTML>

David
July 06, 2003 10:48PM
<HTML>Zaino

I have used the Z5,Z2,Z18 Clay Bar and the Z6 gloss enhancer on my black car......and the results are incredible. However, as I stated in an earlier post, I am waiting to see how well it holds up during a Chicago winter. I am also going to give DIAMOND PLUS a try on another black car and make a comparison.

Regards,
Ron</HTML>
July 07, 2003 01:01AM
<HTML>I have put Diamond Plus on two of my cars now and am very pleased with the ease of application and removal and am very pleased with the shine. You put one thing on and take one thing off and the results are great!
I have not used Zaino and doubt I ever will. Their entire application process to me seems far too convoluted. Apply 1 or more coats of z something allow to cure, apply 2 coats of z something else and then apply a coat of z whatever with the fast curing chemical so you don't have to wait and on and on and on. I don't know that I would live long enough to put all the various layers of product on. I sometimes think companies purposely make ther application process so complicated in order to make you beleive you are involved in some highly technical process that must really work!
Then when you don't get the results you expect the pat answer always is you must have done something wrong in one of the 15 seperate procedures. You can never pin point which step you didn't let cure long enough or that you put it on in a circular motion instead of a side to side motion but it certainly must be something you did wrong. This is just a sleight of hand trick to keep you from realizing that the product just isn't all that.
Just my opinion of course...</HTML>
July 07, 2003 01:16AM
<HTML>Keith...,
You seem yo have MANY misconceptions about Zaino. There is one step..., you apply it, thats it.

Like ANY other detail, you must first prep the car in question(compound, polish, clay, wash, etc).

The ONLY difference when using Zaino is you must make sure the prepped surface is free from any oils, etc so there will be no bonding issues.

After prepping, you wash the car and apply Zaino.

I have found nothing easier to remove. It is also non-staining, UV protectant, Use VERY to seal the vehicle..., actually, I have found nothing easiersmiling smiley

15 steps..., LOL!!!

Rumors and such seem to abound...</HTML>
July 07, 2003 01:57AM
<HTML>Admittedley I exaggerated the number of steps but I do beleive there is more than one product to apply in their procedure as well as curing times etc.</HTML>
July 07, 2003 05:27AM
<HTML>My choice may not sound very exotic but I am pleased with Meguiars #20. I get a great shine and long lasting results here in So. Cal.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
Dan
July 07, 2003 05:48AM
<HTML>Meguairs #20 rocks too! I used to always use that stuff and it lasts a long time, and looks great on black, but to me its a little messy as far as clean up, staining trim and dust from wiping. Even Klasse stains some trim. But to me if you prep a finish well enough and put a coat of Z-2 on carelessly with the DA(your not going to stain trim with it no matter how hard you try) the shine and durability cant be beat. Also less car washing scratches occur when you maintain the finish. Im not knocking other products Im just expressing what I believe to be a great product well worth the money.</HTML>
July 07, 2003 12:09PM
<HTML>What does this all tell you from reading this thread? This is why the car care industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. if you take a poll, everyone will have their own favorite. But then they will hear from someone else that used brand X? then they will try that, and so on. I happen to like all of the prodcuts mentioned here, (except for Zaino) Please no harsh words, just my opinion. That doesn';t mean I didn't contribute to Sal retirement fund, he got my 60 bucks. All of us are looking for the easiest, longest lasting, product to use. Plus having the best shine. The list of products and companies seems to get bigger all the time. If you guys want to make $$$$, you better start selling products along with your services. check out my 4th of July thread. Gary</HTML>
July 07, 2003 01:04PM
<HTML>turbomangt,

That is excatly why I wish Diamond Plus came in pints. I have customers who want it for their "toys": Boats, Personal Water-Craft, etc. And these toys are usually jobs I either don't want or are at the lake house or something. I know I could make extra $$$ selling pints of it! I have given it to a few friends, but I am not comfortable giving an unmarked bottle of something to them.</HTML>

David
July 07, 2003 02:03PM
<HTML>I agree with you David. The only thing being is that you may lose detailing jobs by selling the customer the very product you use to make their car look good. Once they have the product themselves they may not come back until they sratch up their vehicle and need it buffed.
This is especially true with the sealants. You can't go to WalMart or a auto parts store and buy it. Once you explain to a customer the difference between waxes and sealants and they see how it protects their car they will certainly want to keep it on their car. I would sooner have them come back to me for another complete detail rather than just have them apply it themselves.</HTML>
July 07, 2003 03:03PM
<HTML>Definately a good point, but my customers are lazy and/or are not confident enough to detail their own cars. Heck they probably won't even use the Sealant, but once after they bought it! I am not really scared of losing my clients, but could see where and how easily you could.

I think this is why Detail Plus doesn't sell in smaller units. Because they want to market the Detailers not the public.</HTML>

David
July 07, 2003 06:26PM
<HTML>Platinum UPP is the best I have found yet for ease of application and degree of gloss. Amazing product!</HTML>
July 07, 2003 10:06PM
<HTML>I like UPP..., it just does not last very long though...
At least not in this climate...</HTML>
July 08, 2003 06:59AM
<HTML>Gentlemen:

Thank you for the kind comments on DIAMOND PLUS. The reason we do not sell it small containers is that I am not trying to over charge for the product. Many companies package in smaller containers so they can sell the product for more money.

Some prices I have seen quoted on forms for sealants and waxes from some of the companies mentioned work out to more than $80 a gallon if you divided the number of ounces into the price. The multiply by 128 (ounces in a gallon) the price per ounce you are paying and you will get the gallon price.

Plus, selling to professionals we can keep the price lower by having only one container size. You start packaging in smaller containers and the price per ounce goes up,up,up.

Further, I have never been an advocate of selling anything in my detail centers that competes with what I do. Why would I want to sell my customers tire dressing or paint sealant? They should come back to me for those things. If they really wanted a dressing they can buy ArmorAll or another like product.

Thanks

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
July 08, 2003 04:08PM
<HTML>I have tried Klasse and Zaino of the two Zaino is definitly the best of the two. It does not show swirls like the the Klasse twins do and I have tried sample of UPP it was pretty good. I am going to use Zaino or Prowax polymer 2 sealant the pro products would be cheaper but Zaino is not as tricky to use as some might say. Hope everyone had good 4th of July!!!</HTML>
July 08, 2003 08:08PM
<HTML>true

i found klasse sealant glaze really a pin to work with i did like klasse all in one</HTML>
The
July 09, 2003 02:28PM
<HTML>Zaino may be a very good product, but I can tell you one thing that you users think it does...but it doesn't, and that is protect against UV damage. You can not get enough UV protective chemical in a wax product to provide any worthwhile benefit. The claims you typically see in regards to these type of products are very carefully worded. They usually say "helps protect against UV damage". Well I think you could say anything "HELPS". I can spit on the car and that would "help" only because it might block some very minute portion of UV from getting to the paint. The amount of UV protective chemical added to a protectant, combined with the extremely thin layer you apply to your paint does not allow for any beneficial protection in that regard.
The Chemist</HTML>
July 09, 2003 02:54PM
<HTML>CHEMIST:

You are worse than me, always trying to destroy the myths that we detailers have about products.

So there is really no UV protection in sealant and wax products?

What about protection of acid rain and industrial fallout? None there either?

Your comments about durability and protection of waxes vs paint sealants?

What is the BIG difference between a wax and a paint sealant.

Which is better natural carnuaba or synthetic carnuaba? Why?

Thanks for the info

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login