Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1969 GTO 4spd project for sale

Posted by md1twal3 
1969 GTO 4spd project for sale
August 05, 2004 04:41PM
It is power disc brakes and factory dash tach and power steering, non AC. It has the parchment (white) interior and looks to have been a maroon color under the black. It also looks to have had a vinyl top...maybe black?

It has a running engine in it, code xh ("big" Pontiac motor, 350 HP block) with the 62 heads, which may be original to the car. It has an aftermarket aluminum intake, cam and headers and a Holley carb that is in need of attention.

I have not taken anything off of it YET, but some of the things I need for my Judge is the Complete 4 speed set up (minus pedals) and the disc brake spindles, calipers and backing plates. I am open to not taking these if someone has an identical set up that will work in my Judge, but I would prefer a late 68 or very early 69 date code on the trans stuff.

If a guy were looking at originality, again, I think the trans, heads, distributor and rear end are probably original (not confirmed). The car has been sitting since 85, I was told.

Other than those major components, I wanted to keep the endura bumper and front filler with Marker lights, but again, only need one that is very nice, not necessarily this one. Minor things I will need are some of the chrome trim pieces on the outside.

Body wise, every exterior panel will need work or replacement. In my opinion, you could save the doors and probably fenders. The trunk is in need of outer floor panels and the interior floor needs some patch work. The frame is good except for one area that looks to be a very easy fix. The left rear area under the trunk looks to have been broken, but I don't see where it rusted or was damaged because of an accident or anything, so I am not sure what happened. Hood is completely rusted out, deck lid is marginal. Rear window area isn't too bad, but will need some attention. There is no back glass.

I am in WI. I do have a clean title for the car too that starts out with the GTO 242 numbers. I would part the car, but honestly, I hate to see it get taken off the road. It can be saved!

As far as asking price, I am open to offers. If you would like pictures, you can e-mail me directly at md1twal3@yahoo.com
Re: 1969 GTO 4spd project for sale
August 17, 2004 05:58AM
list it on restored classics.com

travis williams
August 24, 2004 02:35AM
travis why wont you answer back Art
September 08, 2004 08:56PM
Hello Sir,

I would love to unload your car for you, however won't be able to do it at this time. I have a '69 GTO (Automatic Trans) that I am doing a rebuild on. As a fellow GTO enthusiast, I would like to ask a small favor of you. Could you give me dimensions for the location of the GTO emblem for the front fenders? I ended up using LeMans fenders, which didn't have the holes drilled there. If you could provide those for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Eric
September 09, 2004 12:19AM
Well, I actually traded it off on Monday. My wife has a love for Mustangs...a 67 Red convertible to be exact, so I traded it for a Mustang project. She has her dream car, I have mine....my 69 Judge. I am in the process of restoring it, unfortunately I do not have the original fenders showing emblem placement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login