Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Zaino Bros.

Posted by '66 GTO 
Re: Zaino Bros.
June 28, 2007 11:59PM
Doug-

Currently I have done each 2 coats of Z5 and Z2 on my car.

I have 3 quesions.

First,
If I want to apply 1coat of Z2 without the mixed ZFX,
how long should I wait for buffering it?
I wait about 20 minutes with the mixed ZFX.

Second,
Is there any internet community for Zaino users ?

Third,
In the case of Klasse, I know they recommend to apply the Carnauba wax like P21S on top of Klasse for the perpect shine.

Have you ever tried to apply wax on top of Zaino ?

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,

YJ Kim
June 29, 2007 01:57AM
Mr. Kim-
"Drying" and "curing" are two different processes. Z-2 will dry the same without ZFX. The difference is the slower curing, meaning you must wait longer before applying another coat.

Z-2 dries slower in humid or cold conditions but normally it dries in 20 or 30 minutes at most. Use the finger swipe test to make sure it dried ; wipe your finger across the Z-2 and see if it wipes off cleanly. If it does, you can wipe the rest of the car with towels. Z-2 requires no actual buffing.

I have not applied a carnauba wax over Zaino because it might be incompatible with Zaino products such as Z-6, Z-8 and CS, which I might wish to use later.
I doubt doing so would produce a better shine anyway.

I don't know of any online site just for Zaino users but some enthusiast forums such as Roadfly have a lot of Zaino discussions as do the detailing sections of car brand forums such as the Honda forum.
I hope that answers your questions.
Doug
June 29, 2007 02:02AM
Bud-
How can you speak with authority when you persist in dragging out a discredited wax test ? I asked if you tried Zaino, not whther your unnamed chemists subjected it to unrealistic torture tests in their lab. ( superconcentrated car wash solution, etc. ) You are not familiar with Zaino.
Doug
June 29, 2007 02:33AM
Doug -

Thank you so much.
June 29, 2007 05:04AM
Mr. Kim-
Here is a link to a Zaino discussion on the Toyota Tundra forum :
[www.tundrasolutions.com]
Doug
July 08, 2007 02:16PM
Dear Doug,

I found a detailing service using Zaino.
They did it according to the following steps.

- Z2 with ZFX
- P21S carnauba wax
- Z8

[exoticdetailing.net]

What do you think about this ?

Regards,

YJ Kim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2007 02:18PM by Y.J. Kim.
July 08, 2007 08:57PM
Mr. Kim-
I have not used P21s or its supposed twin S500 so I don't know whether the procedure you outlined makes sense for depth or shine. I'm sure you would get more durability by simply applying 3 coats of Z2 with ZFX plus the shine would probably be just as good. The shop in question may have chosen their procedure because they can do it fast or because they get the best of both worlds : the benefits of Zaino and the depth of Carnauba. The biggest drawback I see would be that any future coat of Z-2 would not stick well to the P-21s so you can't add more Zaino later. I'm sure the Z-8 won't stick to the P-21s as well as it would to Z-2.
In short, I'm not excited about the idea but perhaps others can weigh in on this with their experiences.
Doug
July 08, 2007 11:52PM
Dear Doug,

I think there is enough persuasion in your remarks.

I have a question.

I don't know why I shoud apply Z6 between Z2 or Z5 layering.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

YJ Kim
July 09, 2007 03:35AM
Mr. Kim:
The Z-6 between layers is supposed to enhance the gloss. I imagine it does but don't think this step is critical.
Sal Zaino , no doubt would have more to say on this.
Doug
October 21, 2007 12:58AM
NOTE-
I just noticed that the old Guru Reports Wax Test is listed for sale on www.waynestowels.com even though it is listed on the www.gurureports.org site as SOLD OUT.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login